Twitter: Rookie Tyler Biadasz said his surgically-repaired shoulder is good to go

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have no problem with the competition deciding who gets to be the center. There will be people better qualified than us to make these choices. I believe they're intelligent and experienced enough to follow their many years of experience to determine what's best for this offense.

Biadasz will be given his opportunity to prove himself. So will Looney and McGovern. You might possibly want to express your dismay to our staff if they disappoint you. Just so you know, I'm pulling for Biadasz but if he fails to win the job right away, I'd deal with it in stride. Would you? :D

Your rant has NOTHING to do with what my comments.

Looney is backup material for a reason. If he wins the job, its a bad thing for the Cowboys. I would never hand the job to anyone. Only the horrid Garrett does stupid things like that.

Hopefully, if the competition is close or even, they are smart enough to go with the rookie.

I am also hoping that McGovern can beat out Williams. That will also be better for the team going forward.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think the team did him a disservice trying to make a guard out of him. They ended up playing against his strengths (quickness and mobility) and toward his weaknesses (power and anchor).

I fully expect him to get the start at left guard heading into this season. Based on two factors:
  1. Not having an offseason has put any young player behind the veterans. And the coaches and their evaluation is behind as well, making them more apt to go with the safe bet, even if it's not that safe.
  2. If McGovern is in the mix to start at center, there's likely no challenger for Williams' spot.
Personally I think Williams should be LT and replace Tyron whenever he decides to hang it up. I agree with your take on his strengths and weakness

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Looney is backup material for a reason. If he wins the job, its a bad thing for the Cowboys. I would never hand the job to anyone. Only the horrid Garrett does stupid things like that.

Hopefully, if the competition is close or even, they are smart enough to go with the rookie.

I am also hoping that McGovern can beat out Williams. That will also be better for the team going forward.
For anybody that thinks Looney is good tell them to go watch the Rams playoff game when he went against Suh......

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hes only a backup if he doesn't win the starting job. What he signed for doesn't matter. If he wins the starting job then the other candidates are even worse than he is.

LOL...……...exactly. If the other candidates are worse than a career backup, then they cant be very good candidates.

If a guy only good enough to be a backup happens to become a starter because everyone else is injured, retired, or worse, it still doesn't make him legitimate starter material. Its the Heath syndrome.

"duh, yah, but he is starting"!!!:lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Oh, please! Nobody said anyone should be handed the job. The precise term I used was competition, not being "handed" it. Twisting my words to suit your agenda isn't a good look. I'm absolutely sure everyone will be tested and observed fairly to determine who deserves it and who doesn't. I have no problem whatsoever for McGovern, Biadasz, Looney or Williams winning the center position, as long as they're capable of doing so.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
How much book work has Biadasz put in?

he probably has the strength and technique to play C.

but does he know what’s going on?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think that is his future as well...He's just isn't strong enough to play inside. :popcorn:
I completely agree. I thought he got much stronger last year in the offseason but it didn't translate to the field as much as I hoped. Could be like Collins when he switched from LG to RT, decent at guard but top 5 or so at tackle

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yep.

I think he was made the starter over Phil Costa before the first OTA's. He was the first in team history I believe.

Phil Costa starting at center. Man, those were the days.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Agree with all points. Looney is not a starting center. The amount of pressure in the pass game Dak went thru when looney started was unreal. I want McGovern and Biadasz starting.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This kid is gonna win the job over looney. Looney was well below average when he started the year for Fredbeard

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phil Costa starting at center. Man, those were the days.

I know right?

And I remember the people trying to tell us that the guy was GOOD too!

‘Oh, he had this one game against Baltimore...’

gimmesix

Reaction score
I know right?

And I remember the people trying to tell us that the guy was GOOD too!

‘Oh, he had this one game against Baltimore...’

In a starter battle between him and Joe Looney, I'd take Looney in a heartbeat.

With some of the offensive linemen we put in front of Romo, it's a wonder he lasted as long as he did. If not for his innate escapability, he probably wouldn't have.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Agree with all points. Looney is not a starting center. The amount of pressure in the pass game Dak went thru when looney started was unreal. I want McGovern and Biadasz starting.

Most of that pressure came through the left guard spot. Looney actually was fairly solid in pass protection himself. Where he failed, and why we need to replace him, is that he isn't very good at calling/identifying protections. There were many times when he help-blocked Martin's man while Williams or Su'a-Filo was getting beaten by the superior DL. Now, it's possible that that was the protection the coaches wanted, but if so, they were very, very stupid. Looney had trouble identifying blitzes, stunts, etc. The center has to see what's coming, especially from the second level, and make sure the other linemen know their assignments.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Personally I think Williams should be LT and replace Tyron whenever he decides to hang it up. I agree with your take on his strengths and weakness
That would be as ideal as it gets, but does the timing work?

I dont know that Tyron hangs it up before Williams is up for renewal.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In a starter battle between him and Joe Looney, I'd take Looney in a heartbeat.

With some of the offensive linemen we put in front of Romo, it's a wonder he lasted as long as he did. If not for his innate escapability, he probably wouldn't have.

Montrae Holland and the Proctologist were two other good ones.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
That would be as ideal as it gets, but does the timing work?

I dont know that Tyron hangs it up before Williams is up for renewal.
Guards are cheaper then tackles. Williams wouldn't cost much to resign especially if he stays at guard.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Montrae Holland and the Proctologist were two other good ones.

Throw Nate Livings in there along with that terrible left tackle we picked up, Alex Barron, although he only started because of injury and don't think it was for very long ... although I've tried to block that out of my memory.