Rookies who stays and who goes

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
How you gone ask somebody to do something you didnt do? You've set no standards for your very own question. For instance, is making the practice squad the same as making the team?

Mike Webber doesn't make the team. But he gets plucked off of our practice squad. Micheal Jackson gets added to the practice squad then moved onto the real roster later on in the year.

Meaning no harm. Just having a little fun with you ...garyv.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Take your best guess at which Rookies make the team and which ones don't.

The fun is following how players perform in the off-season and watching how the roster develops.

Guessing who makes the roster before training camp is a waste of time.

Injuries and the performance of veteran players will affect bottom of the roster rookies as much as their own abilities.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
on the 53...Hill,McGovern,Pollard,M Jackson,J Jackson,Wilson,Weber.

on the 53...UDFA...Hyatt,Wise.

p squad...Jelks,Westry(fa),Knight(fa).
It will be hard for Wilson and Webber to make the 53 and stay there the whole year. Just my opinion. I do like both of those guys though.

cowboyec

Reaction score
It will be hard for Wilson and Webber to make the 53 and stay there the whole year. Just my opinion. I do like both of those guys though.
unless his knee is worse than we know,I think he beats out Chunn and Jackson.

Zeke,Pollard,Weber...heckuva stable in my opinion.

Wilson's path to the 53 has to come on s teams.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
unless his knee is worse than we know,I think he beats out Chunn and Jackson.

Zeke,Pollard,Weber...heckuva stable in my opinion.
Zeke, Pollard, Webber does sound good, but if Zeke goes down for an extended time, you're now relying on two rookies to help get us where we want to be. And that's why I see Webber going to the practice squad. Dont get me wrong it's a win win to me, because I like both Jackson and Webber.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Zeke, Pollard, Webber does sound good, but if Zeke goes down for an extended time, you're now relying on two rookies to help get us where we want to be. And that's why I see Webber going to the practice squad. Dont get me wrong it's a win win to me, because I like both Jackson and Webber.
I don't think they'll add a vet...I think they go with the 2 rook's...Weber probably would get the bulk of carries if Zeke got hurt.
Pollard will/should be a big part of the pass game.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I don't think they'll add a vet...I think they go with the 2 rook's...Weber probably would get the bulk of carries if Zeke got hurt.
Pollard will/should be a big part of the pass game.
To tell you the truth I like Weber more than Pollard. I wanted them to draft Weber, but Pollard was kind of a head scratcher, to me.
So Zeke, Jackson, and Weber would be my choice..

cowboyec

Reaction score
To tell you the truth I like Weber more than Pollard. I wanted them to draft Weber, but Pollard was kind of a head scratcher, to me.
So Zeke, Jackson, and Weber would be my choice..
I think I liked Weber more also...but watching a few memphis games...Pollard is electric with the ball...he might be a challenge directly to Tavon Austin being on the 53.
should be a fun RB group to watch.

ghst187

Reaction score
After our first three picks, hard to see any of the rest making it. I’m sure Hill will make it but he could also easily get buried in that deep DL rotation unless he really pops.
I don’t think our draft was very good, however that’s not a big knock on our front office, I didn’t think the talent in this draft was very good. Plus, we are pretty deep and talented at several units.

Kaiser

Reaction score
On the 53 - Hill, McGovern, Pollard, CB Jackson, RB Weber, S Donovan Wilson

PS - DE Jackson, D Jelks, a bunch of the UDFA

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hill, McGovern, Pollard, M. Jackson, Weber.

I'm hoping big Joe makes it too and ends up being the replacement for Tyrone Crawford as a DE/DT but I have to assume he doesn't because of the numbers.

Wilson and Jelks are practice squad types.

As for UDFA, Hyatt seems to have the best shot but never underestimate this quasi-coordinator's length fetish. Westry is practically pron to him.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hill, McGovern, Pollard, Weber, if his knee is healed.

M. Jackson as the 9th DB and Wilson if they keep 10 DB’s or Vica versa

The rest to the PS, unless Hyder is not recovered completely, then Joe Jackson may be the 10th if they keep 10 DL.
Gregory is the WC.
No UDFA make it to the 53 unless injuries or trades. Suck as Lewis getting traded. And depends if the keep 10.

Hyatt, since everyone seems high on him makes it only if they trade an OL. As he would be the 9th. But then he needs to beat out Redmond. I don’t know enough about Hyatt to say we will or not, but right now he is just another rookie player hyped up by many fans, as was Darius Jackson and Bo Scarbough was.

Fans tend to overrate our own players as all fans do for all teams. I do it myself too.
For example I am high on Weber but never liked or bought into Jackson or Scarbough as all later round draft picks. However being an Ohio state fan I seen all of Weber’s games. So I know him a lot better than other rookie this year.

Techsass

Reaction score
After our first three picks, hard to see any of the rest making it. I’m sure Hill will make it but he could also easily get buried in that deep DL rotation unless he really pops.
I don’t think our draft was very good, however that’s not a big knock on our front office, I didn’t think the talent in this draft was very good. Plus, we are pretty deep and talented at several units.
Heck our 1st pick was only 6 picks away from the 3rd round.