Roy Clark passes away at 85

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/new...-haw-star-has-died/ar-BBPKktv?ocid=spartanntp

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling," has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

Clark was "Hee Haw" host or co-host for its entire 24-year run, with Buck Owens his best known co-host. The country music and comedy show's last episode aired in 1993, though reruns continued for a few years thereafter.

"'Hee Haw' won't go away. It brings a smile to too many faces," he said in 2004, when the show was distributed on VHS and DVD for the first time.

Clark played the guitar, banjo, fiddle, mandolin, harmonica and other instruments. His skills brought him gigs as guest performer with many top orchestras, including the Boston Pops. In 1976 he headlined a tour of the Soviet Union, breaking boundaries that were usually closed to Americans.

In addition to being a all around great guy Roy was a insane player. RIP.

sulu1701

Reaction score
R.I.P. Roy, my dad loved Hee-Haw
691adf79ac684767ee92ba206f63f92631d17b5c197013ac8dfc661306b9c39a.jpg

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/new...-haw-star-has-died/ar-BBPKktv?ocid=spartanntp

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling," has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

Clark was "Hee Haw" host or co-host for its entire 24-year run, with Buck Owens his best known co-host. The country music and comedy show's last episode aired in 1993, though reruns continued for a few years thereafter.

"'Hee Haw' won't go away. It brings a smile to too many faces," he said in 2004, when the show was distributed on VHS and DVD for the first time.

Clark played the guitar, banjo, fiddle, mandolin, harmonica and other instruments. His skills brought him gigs as guest performer with many top orchestras, including the Boston Pops. In 1976 he headlined a tour of the Soviet Union, breaking boundaries that were usually closed to Americans.

In addition to being a all around great guy Roy was a insane player. RIP.

I recall watching Roy on Hee Haw many moons ago. He will be missed by many.

yesfan

Reaction score
I remember living in a hotel in Ft Lauderdale in the early seventies,I played in my band 6 nights a week and the first time I was just kicking back and put on the tv there were only 3 stations and all played freakin Hee Haw! The stations also went off the air at midnight,lol. But I became a huge fan of Roy. Such a great talent. Rip.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a fan of heehaw or country music in general but man that guy could play guitar. Truly a talented guitarist. RIP Sir.