Roy Williams 31 gets dogged for his coverage

Blake

Reaction score
Coaches used him wrong.

More like the league evolved by making significant rule changes because of his style of play, and this effectively neutered him. He was forced to completely adapt his style to a league that was growing softer and this caused his weaknesses to shine. He was my favorite player before he fell off, and if Roy had come up in the eighties; I think his legacy would be much different.

Hardline

Reaction score
His style of play was phased out of the game .
Plus he was engaged to Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child.
How can you concentrate on football getting that all the time?

He was the reason for the horse collar rule.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
but he used to just knock the religion outta people. Please post your favorite RW blowup hits and plays.
Roy Williams in his first 5 seasons had 17 interceptions. The last 5 years the Cowboys entire secondary had only 29 interceptions. Comparing the last 5 years with Roy's 1st 5 years, Roy Williams would have led the Cowboys in interceptions each of the last 5 seasons.

Roy could cover well in a 4-3 defense at the FS position. He not only could cover, he could make plays.

The 3 things that killed his career was rule change, switch to 3-4 Defense (demands more 1 on 1 coverage), and his injuries his last 2 years in Dallas.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Did they graciously leave that hit he put on Emmitt Smith off that video? Remember when Emmitt went to the Cards and said he was a diamond surrounded by trash. Roy knocked him out of that game. I love Emmitt, but good for Roy on that one.

The only team Emmitt Smith has career negative yards against is the Cowboys. His only game against the Cowboys and his first and only carry resulted in negative yards and he was knocked out of the game. Weird stat. Read it somewhere.

star-ving

Reaction score
EnviousMeanDunlin-size_restricted.gif

CWR

Reaction score
Coulda been a hofer if he stayed in shape and studied film.

He went down hill after his relationship with Kelly Rowland. At least that how I remember it. Man I was pumped when we got him. He was one hell of an exciting player to watch when he was in his prime.

CWR

Reaction score
Roy was a stud for
About 5-6 seasons.

big play after big play after big play.

then he lost some of his athleticism and rule
Changed screwed his play style. But man he was a monster prior to that.

I remember hoping for him or Jammer that draft. Roy Williams was a beast.

basel90

Reaction score
roy was a rock , wasted talent with the previous coaches .