Roy Williams keep your head up

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;3718152 said:
He should have the Football I.Q high enough to look for defenders coming from behind. He put Newman in Position to get smoked in the first place

You are ridiculous. Newman put Newman in the position to be smoked. He was one on one, don't get beat deep. End of Story. Do not give up the long ball. Even I know that, and I never made it to pro football as a safety.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea Roy is gonna be the scapegoat and people will forget about the 89 yard drive right after the fumble or the fact Roy even made the catch to begin with but its whatever. The Saints player(Jenkins?) made a GREAT play. Could Roy have avoided? Maybe but give credit where its due. Our corners get beat and never attempt to strip.

Roy messed up. But he messed up trying to score a touchdown. A touchdown we needed because no one has faith in our kicking team to even kick a 10 yard field goal.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I ripped on him for the Chicago Fumble...I won't here.

I hate Newman.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
brooksey1;3718137 said:
He was trying to score and went down when he should have, you are wrong. The defense made an outstanding strip. He was grinning in disbelief.

Whatever, he lost the game. It's his job to hold the ball and not allow himself to be stripped of the football. He has been around long enough to know defenders are coming up at all angles with the intent of stripping the football.

Make excuses all you want but he's a loser. Has been his entire career.

Enjoy your moral victory.

adamc91115

Reaction score
Its very difficult to pin everything on Roy Williams. He's been playing very good lately, he just had a lapse at a bad moment. But part of it was a great defensive play as well.

I would like him back next year, he is a great asset. With an improved offensive line the combination of Witten, Austin, Dez, and Roy is very dangerous.

loublue22

Reaction score
burmafrd;3718151 said:
now people read minds. Of course the roy haters want to blame him. yes he did lose the ball. AND MCbriar screwed up the hold. AND TNew blew a coverage. And so on. There were more than enough mistakes made by the boys to lose two games let alone this one.

Only one of those plays directly prevented a win.

Randy White

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;3718124 said:
He lost the game period!

Doesn't matter what he has done or did earlier in the game, he lost it.

Really ? I guess it was #11 covering #17 for a 50 yard bomb on 3rd and 10 that set up the winning TD...

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Roy Williams is terrible

if that had been Austin or Bryant no one would have caught either of them

he cost us a game - wheres that famous HOOK'EM HORNS SIGN NOW

Mr. Irrelevant = Roy Williams

should not be on the team next year

2011-$5.109 million
2012-$6.802 million

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j190/sjurg71/williams_roy_07.jpg

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;3718124 said:
He lost the game period!

Doesn't matter what he has done or did earlier in the game, he lost it. The win was in his hands and all he had to do was get to the ground with the football and he couldn't do it!

Then to top it off he has to go to the sidelines and grin about it like a doofus!!

what's even funnier is he thought his slow *** had a chance of going all the way.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
rocyaice;3718163 said:
Yea Roy is gonna be the scapegoat and people will forget about the 89 yard drive right after the fumble or the fact Roy even made the catch to begin with but its whatever. The Saints player(Jenkins?) made a GREAT play. Could Roy have avoided? Maybe but give credit where its due. Our corners get beat and never attempt to strip.

Roy messed up. But he messed up trying to score a touchdown. A touchdown we needed because no one has faith in our kicking team to even kick a 10 yard field goal.

He was a great player at Ohio St.

Figures he'd come back to haunt me.

forever22

Reaction score
Amazing how one play cost a team a game. I always thought there was a series of plays throughout a game?

BTW, last I saw, the 'Boys still had the lead with the Saints deep in their territory.

wileedog

Reaction score
loublue22;3718156 said:
this is all on him.

Its not all on him. He didn't put the team down 17-0 in the 1st quarter.

But he did brainfart on that play. Sorry, it wasn't *that* great a play by the defender to run a guy down and strip the ball from someone who didn't bother to see that you were there.

Undisputed

Reaction score
The defense will ALWAYS be trying to make great plays. We have to make better ones. We can't just excuse our guys with a simple "Good play by the defense!". This game is a tug of war between two teams trying to make more plays than the other one. Obviously a team like the Saints will be trying to strip us of the ball in that situation. You've got to be even more conscious of ball security and not do the ONE THING you can't do.

newlander

Reaction score
burmafrd;3718160 said:
I am so sick of so called FANS like some in this thread.

....the truth hurts. This guy is a CHOKER. I've been a fan of this marvelous team for 34 years. I've seen Drew Pearson, Golden Richards, Tony Hill,Michael Irvin and others NEVER have the stupidity and low football IQ of Roy Williams. We wouldn't be having this conversation if he was a 1 mil per year 3rd or 4th WR. BUT THAT' NOT WHAT HE'S PAID TO BE. He's paid well over 5 mil per year to make that play today and he failed. Stop making excuses for him.

Andre Gurode forgetting 3 snap counts was huge, as was Tnew being old and injured. But still: that game was lost by RW. Anyone that doesn't admit that has too much UT orange and white pulsating through their veins.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Funxva;3718162 said:
You are ridiculous. Newman put Newman in the position to be smoked. He was one on one, don't get beat deep. End of Story. Do not give up the long ball. Even I know that, and I never made it to pro football as a safety.

I'm angry at Newman as well but may have nevr happened if Roy wasn't so weaked armed just letting someone take the ball away.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Randy White;3718171 said:
Really ? I guess it was #11 covering #17 for a 50 yard bomb on 3rd and 10 that set up the winning TD...

Others certainly contributed but that play doesn't even occur with 3 minutes to go if the loser holds the football.

burmafrd

Reaction score
some of these so called fans need to find another team to "root" for.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Defense sucked on that drive but if it wasn't for them, there would be no comeback. They got an INT and they got a sack and stop on 3rd down. They did their job. Roy had a chance to seal the game and he lost it. We're blaming the defense for having to bail out the offense in the 2nd half? There's a thing called momentum. When the D has momentum, they look good. When Roy fumbles away all momentum, it's not easy to stop one of the best offenses in the NFL.

I'll blame Roy more than the defense. They got back to back stops to help Dallas take the lead. If Roy holds onto the ball, it's most likely a win.