Roy Williams keep your head up

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
rikolai;3719277 said:
Say what you want about Roy Williams.He will take this loss home with him unlike many players on this team will and has accountability.Nothing like the qb who loses an elimination game 44-6 and preaches a life lesson-"well,if this is the worst thing that happens to me...blah,blah,blah...He was careless...but not heartless.

Whatever. Roy Williams is a screw up, and a loser. This football team will be better next year with him off it.

Brooksey

Reaction score
DIAF;3719410 said:
Whatever. Roy Williams is a screw up, and a loser. This football team will be better next year with him off it.

Really, so you think Sam hurd will do better?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
bbgun;3718912 said:
Not grinning like an idiot after a devastating, game-changing play would be a nice start.

roysmile.jpg

That was more a grimace smile than a grin.

You my dog, bb, but do you really believe Roy Williams was grinning with enjoyment after costing his team the game?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Clove;3719032 said:
There is simply no excuse for Roy Williams to fumble that ball. Any fool know that when you're in the opened field, people are all over the place, you need to look around. Not to mention, THE DUMBEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, know that when the game is about to be over for another team, that defense is looking to strip the ball any chance they get. This Roy is like a Stripper, tease you to death, but you'll never score with her.

Uh, no, you don't.

I've never seen a receiver turn his head right and left while being pursued by a defender. Besides, if you've run track as a sprinter, you are instructed never to turn around because it slows you down.

Roy did what you're supposed to do - switch the ball away from the defender. He just didn't know Malcolm Jenkins was bearing down on him.

Furthermore, Roy Williams is looking to score. People who say he should have fallen down don't understand football. There wasn't 3 seconds left in the game. There were 3 minutes. Roy is doing what any other receiver would do, try to get as many yards as you can and try to score.

He was simply stripped of the ball. It happens.

Receivers make mistakes. Randy Moss has. T.O. has. Andre Johnson has. Miles Austin has. Calvin Johnson has.

It seems that fans can't live with the mistakes. But these players live with mistakes and the criticism of fans who have no clue what it's like to play in a big-time pressure cooker like they do. These players will remember this the rest of their lives and probably dream about it over and over and over again.

CoJo JoJo

Reaction score
The sheer amount of sensationalism and lack of football knowledge in this thread is embarrassing. :(

ilovejerry

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3718580 said:
:laugh2:

Yea i feel ya man. I don't know if i'd go as far as selling the team, beause he is a good business man and does shell out money to get talent. I'd make him sign a lifetime agreement to stay out of all football operations for the rest of his life though. haha

Unfortunatly that will never happen. Here's to long lock out!

tabascocat36

Reaction score
CoJo JoJo;3719826 said:
The sheer amount of sensationalism and lack of football knowledge in this thread is embarrassing. :(

Bingo! Ill take a careless roy over a hurd anyday of the week.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
DIAF;3718789 said:
Roy Williams keep your head up.....

..........as you stroll out the door.

I don't think i've ever hated a Dallas Cowboy more than I hate Roy Williams (Scandrick included). Words cannot begin to describe my dislike for this pitiful excuse for a football player.

You know what I don't think I ever hated a Dallas cowboy team as I hate these frauds

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Clove;3719032 said:
There is simply no excuse for Roy Williams to fumble that ball. Any fool know that when you're in the opened field, people are all over the place, you need to look around. Not to mention, THE DUMBEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, know that when the game is about to be over for another team, that defense is looking to strip the ball any chance they get. This Roy is like a Stripper, tease you to death, but you'll never score with her.

Bravo clove bravo

links18

Reaction score
One strip is an isolated incident: Green Bay last year; two strips are a trend: Chicago earlier this year; three strips is a problem. Roy Williams has a problem holding onto the ball.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
links18;3719875 said:
One strip is an isolated incident: Green Bay last year; two strips are a trend: Chicago earlier this year; three strips is a problem. Roy Williams has a problem holding onto the ball.

And it's always a game changing fumble. No fumble is ever good but his have been devastating.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3719877 said:
And it's always a game changing fumble. No fumble is ever good but his have been devastating.

We put them on the 10 yard line. We're up 4. We still should've won this game even with the fumble in our own place.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
tabascocat36;3719845 said:
Bingo! Ill take a careless roy over a hurd anyday of the week.

And I like Sam Hurd but the move Roy made to even get open to begin with Sam Hurd could've never made. Roy was the only one beating his corner yesterday.

links18

Reaction score
rocyaice;3719883 said:
We put them on the 10 yard line. We're up 4. We still should've won this game even with the fumble in our own place.

We should have won this game. A few weeks ago we all would have been happy that we didn't quit and played hard, but in the end we found yet another way to lose a game we had in the bag. Is this progress?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
links18;3719968 said:
We should have won this game. A few weeks ago we all would have been happy that we didn't quit and played hard, but in the end we found yet another way to lose a game we had in the bag. Is this progress?

True progress will be the exodus of Hookem Barron.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He was great at the Universe of Texas.
And he was great at Detroit and Dalas . . . wait he wasn't great at detroit and dallas. . . .

followthestar

Reaction score
Funxva;3718147 said:
It was a good play by the DB, hands down. Leverage at the right time and a bad play. Just a microcosm of the season really.

Snakebit at the worst time.

That said, I'm rooting 8 and 8 now. All of you should be!

I have to agree - its the kind of thing thats been happening since Day One for this team. If we get all these crazy bad breaks or bad plays or whatever you choose to call it out of hair this year, we will be unstoppable next year. The Jets must be doing something right the way they pull games out...

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Some of you guys are amazing. Roy was trying to score, like he supposed to, while at the same time protecting the ball from the defender he saw. He didn't see the guy who stripped him. It was more of a great defensive play than a mistake.

If he goes down at the 12 to protect the ball, we probably get a FG at best and NO still gets the ball with 2 minutes left. As they showed, plenty of time to score. IF Roy scores a TD, we're up by 11 and in a much better position to win.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
rocyaice;3719883 said:

I'm not saying that the loss is all on him. It was just a devastating fumble though and it always happens when he's in the process of a long run.