Twitter: Rumor: Cowboys making a strong push to sign Za'Darius Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
and when backs flare up, it can be short lived, or it can be all year. Thats a big risk.
Risk vs reward. This is why we may be able to get him for less than Gregory and Miller, etc.

He looked good vs the Whiners in the playoffs.

Jarntt

Reaction score
They will definitely sign Smith because it will allow Stephen to save face on what he was criticized for doing with Gregory that led to losing him. Because something similar happened with Smith and Baltimore, Stephen will say "these things happen" and compare the two and deflect how he botches things. Full disclosure: I'd rather have Smith than Gregory to be honest so I'd be good with this.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
And after Smith signs elsewhere, it will be reported that we never even made an offer.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
The offer to Gregory is more than the offer that Smith signed with the Ravens. If the Cowboys really wanted him, they have the funds to get it done even if they have to pay a little more than what they offered Gregory. Makes you wonder why they didn’t just sign Smith to begin with if he’s so much better than Gregory like everybody thinks in this thread.

Reactions: CWR

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
More like we don't sign any of them and bring in 5 guys whose names you've never heard.

Nah. We'll have heard of them because they will be relevant names ... five years ago.

CWR

Reaction score
The offer to Gregory is more than the offer that Smith signed with the Ravens. If the Cowboys really wanted him, they have the funds to get it done even if they have to pay a little more than what they offered Gregory. Makes you wonder why they didn’t just sign Smith to begin with if he’s so much better than Gregory like everybody thinks in this thread.

It doesn't make me wonder. They value home grown talent over all else. I'm not sure why exactly, but that's how they've operated for some time now.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
But, was the best player on D for Green Bay when he did play vs the Whiners in the playoffs.

He played big in a big game. Did soft mistake prone Gregory do that?
So you wanna pay a guy that played a part time role....a full-time salary?

Meh....I would rather draft a kid.

And actually our best solution is already here in Parsons.

We just need to pull our heads out and figure that out.

CWR

Reaction score
Same thing coming from 105.3 now. Maybe we actually are taking a shot at him.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Now that

Now that's a Jones tactic, the wait for the market to come to them.

:facepalm:
really so the other 31 teams have purposely not brought them in and signed them so the Jonses can do them dirty LMAO make zero sense rethink that statement. the entire league has left them out there that why their stock will drop not the Jones boy tactics.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
:facepalm:
really so the other 31 teams have purposely not brought them in and signed them so the Jonses can do them dirty LMAO make zero sense rethink that statement. the entire league has left them out there that why their stock will drop not the Jones boy tactics.

So from what you're saying the Jones' are reading the market correctly....no point in bidding against yourself or making a high offer.

Not being sceptical, but the Honey Badger 'rumors' wouldn't be to coax Kearse to sign for less?

I also dont quite get the signing Smith after we've spent money on Fowler and Armstrong.....especially with the present O-Line requirements.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
FA money is drying up. Jones probably made offers to JPP and Smith. First one to bite the hook gets reeled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.