Twitter: Rumor: Dak Turned Down $30m/yr?

stiletto

Reaction score
I hear you brother, I am the same way. Even though the original Exorcist was shot back in the 70s, that movie still freaks me out till this day.

Sometimes at night when I am channel surfing Direct TV I will come across some channel showing old movies from the 70s and 80s and the Exorcist is always one of them. I seriously have to change the channel immediately, I cant watch that movie again, just cant do it.

Especially the scene where Linda Blair is turning her head all the way around like an owl...………….dam, getting goose bumps just typing that, LOL.

For me it was just the sounds and voices. Really creepy. I saw videos where people were running out of the movie theater and throwing up back in the 70's, fainting in their chairs. Kind of hilarious but I still don't like it.

DRella

Reaction score
To me its not going to come down to how much annually but rather so how much is guaranteed. All this talk about 40 million a season is bogus. What good is 40 million a season if only 2 seasons are guaranteed on a 5 year deal. Wouldn't you rather take 5 years at 30 million with 90 million guaranteed?

We are talking a football player here. Who can get hurt at any time on any play in a very exposed position.

CB61

Reaction score
The problem with that is Title IX. You can't just pay the football team. You'll have to pay the athletes playing sports that don't make money too, including the women's teams. The end result would be a lot less opportunities - scholarships - for athletes in other sports.
I realize that I was just trying to make a point

CB61

Reaction score
How do you define someone's value in an open market? I can't believe I'm in a position to defend Dak of all people. I think we should not pay him one cent more than Nick Foles. But I will never take ownerships side over the players side when it comes to player value.
I dont think Stafford, Jimmy G, Wentz, Flacco, Mariotta, etc,etc... are worth the contracts they signed. We live in a quasi free market system in the NFL and the players are going to get the contract that they get.
I agree with that and God bless them if they can get it and I do realize that one injury can end your career but if your plan right you should be able to save that money but we all know how that goes with NFL players