Twitter: Rumor: Dak Turned Down $30m/yr?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
because outside of Injury, we know that CW is a better passing QB then DAk.. it pains me to say it , gives me deep stomach pains to admit it, but he was on the path to possible MVP before blowing his knee out..was dak on any path at all to e even a top 10 QB? I like dak dont get me wrong but it is conceivable by many to KNOW Dak doesnt deserve over 30 and if his agent and Ego keep him from doing so that on them..

yes Market Blah blah blah I know other overpaid guys put there have bigger contracts but that doesnt mean the FO should cave on this.. Dak isnt that guy , sorry.. 30 is a great number, he wont starve and really its top 5 money and hes not eve n atop 10 qb..seriously
Hmm, if you thought rationally for a minute, the answers to your questions are right in front of you. Dak's rookie year, he clearly was a Top 10 QB. He even got close to MVP. This last season, Dak passed for roughly 3,900 yards. He easily would have topped 4,500+ yards if he had had Amari Cooper and a better receiving corp since the beginning of the season along with a healthy Oline (since Dak was sacked 58 times), so let's stop with the Dak bashing and the Wince jock sniffing. No way in Hades would Wince have done better last year with this team's injured Oline, no real big TE threat and especially no #1 WR and no solid WR core. If you want to worship Wince, quit messing around, man up and simply switch teams.

Blake

Reaction score
I’m not nor ever been a big fan of Garrett. Before last season even started I was saying if he doesn’t show something he needs to go. After a 3-5 start we went 7-1 and won a playoff game. He did just enough to earn another season. This year again is a make or break season for Garrett.

So getting bounced in the first playoff game is the new benchmark for earning another season. Gotcha.

Other teams fire their coaches for lack of playoff success.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
My position has been don't sign Dak this year. He still has a year left on his contract. If he does well and takes us to the Super Bowl, then pay him more than Wentz. If he doesn't and he's still having the same struggles, you sign him for what he's worth as a good but not great quarterback.
Nobody's going to give up much for Dak. So we really don't have anything to worry about in terms of him going elsewhere.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Stupid, ignorant, snarky, narcissistic troll post.

tenor.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
because outside of Injury, we know that CW is a better passing QB then DAk.. it pains me to say it , gives me deep stomach pains to admit it, but he was on the path to possible MVP before blowing his knee out..was dak on any path at all to e even a top 10 QB? I like dak dont get me wrong but it is conceivable by many to KNOW Dak doesnt deserve over 30 and if his agent and Ego keep him from doing so that on them..

yes Market Blah blah blah I know other overpaid guys put there have bigger contracts but that doesnt mean the FO should cave on this.. Dak isnt that guy , sorry.. 30 is a great number, he wont starve and really its top 5 money and hes not eve n atop 10 qb..seriously
Just an opinion but you may want to contact your PCP soon.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't most here assume that 30M figure was about where they were on their offer?

I also assumed the contract negotiation had crossed from the money part to the ego part as these thongs so often do.

I am back to where I started on this and am now full circle at the let him play this contract out now. What have they got to lose if they're already at 30M?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Just an opinion but you may want to contact your PCP soon.

I never said it would give me headache but as football guy and a person with eyes, DAK ISNT WORTH OVER 30 AND THATS THAT..ill add it would be huge mistake but im not losing sleepover what the FO does with their money even if they are blinded by 32-16 and playoff win when in reality Wins and Losses are a TEAM stat..and most only have that argument to debate his worth..

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

Looks to be more than a rumor. He’s being universally flamed.

https://www.12up.com/posts/dak-pres...ed-down-rumored-30-million-offer-01dj0ttyd2dh

It’s time to say the word here.

Collusion.

Is that what’s happening? Seems to me that Dak, Zeke and maybe Amari’s agents know they have the Cowboys in a tough spot and are colluding together to extract market maker deals.

Before you dismiss it, think about it. That’s what seems to be happening here.

sideon

Reaction score
Totally agree, we have nothing to gain by signing him right now. If he has a season similar to last season and is still the same QB, we might want to start looking for a replacement anyway.
If the rumor is true and he has a year like last then he would get no more than 15mil a year, but if he balls out then he'll get 35mil a year.
Looks to be more than a rumor. He’s being universally flamed.

https://www.12up.com/posts/dak-pres...ed-down-rumored-30-million-offer-01dj0ttyd2dh

It’s time to say the word here.

Collusion.

Is that what’s happening? Seems to me that Dak, Zeke and maybe Amari’s agents know they have the Cowboys in a tough spot and are colluding together to extract market maker deals.

Before you dismiss it, think about it. That’s what seems to be happening here.
The only one who has the Cowboys in a tough spot is Amari since they gave up a 1st for him, but Zeke has 2yrs left and Dak is average at best.