Twitter: Rumor: Dak Turned Down $30m/yr?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ShortRound131, Aug 11, 2019.

1. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

20,473 Messages
    47,939 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

52,075 Messages
    19,768 Likes Received
    I've played this out in my head for awhile now. I agree that Amari is the only must have contract at this point. I honestly believe that if Zeke doesn't want to sign for the offer he's been given, then we should just let him move on and get what we can for him. It's either that or just lose whatever investment we've got once he becomes a Unrestricted FA. I think with Dak, you let him play out the season and see where we are at. If he does take the next step, then pay him because we will then have cap to be able to do that, if we move Zeke. If Dak doesn't step up, then let him go test the market and see who offers what. I don't believe anybody will over Dak 32 but if somebody is out there and does, then trade him and go draft a young QB next year. Yeah, that sets us back but does it really matter? If we can't win with the guys we've got, we are gonna have to start over any way you look at it. Cooper, him you gotta get signed. He is legit and whomever you have playing QB is going to benefit from him. I think you gotta get him done for sure.

3. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

9,637 Messages
    7,030 Likes Received
    well id say you need to pick up some Zoloft and colonopan as you are out of touch with reality and need to come back down to earth IF you feel daks a 30mil QB..he sir IS NOT..

4. 88sAndHeartbreak

88sAndHeartbreak Well-Known Member

316 Messages
    735 Likes Received
    It's a rumor that some jerk in the media made up for clicks. Dont overreact until we got some solid numbers... too late for that I guess lol

Ranching likes this.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

52,075 Messages
    19,768 Likes Received
    I agree with all of this but I also think it's pretty easy to see that the Cowboys probably aren't offering a crappy deal to Dak. The teams interest is to lock him up long term. I don't believe they would draw up anything that didn't give him really good guaranteed money or create a deal that was reliant on a lot of incentives to get paid. They have to know that he would not appreciate that so if you are offering a deal, I just don't see Jerry going that route. Now, I don't know for sure, I haven't seen any details but I have watched Jerry for awhile and seems to me like it would be unlikely.

JMO

6. Valkyr

Valkyr Well-Known Member

995 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    "We offered 30m a year! How much more could you be looking for?"

[​IMG]

7. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

4,522 Messages
    6,267 Likes Received
    Can't believe his agent thinks so. What is his selling point?

8. Pantone282C

4,522 Messages
    6,267 Likes Received
    Great gif. :muttley:

Ranching likes this.
  9. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

16,029 Messages
    8,778 Likes Received
    There is no sense with you, common or otherwise, Amber. Even if you fell in it.

It is known.

Direwolf63, HowardC, Ranching and 2 others like this.
  10. ABQCOWBOY

52,075 Messages
    19,768 Likes Received
    I honestly don't know. I think his agent is just trying to get more, I mean, who knows what Dak actually thinks here? If this info is true, then it's clearly more then 30 and I'd say it's 32 or more. It was originally reported that his contract demand was 32 so that tracks.

Pantone282C likes this.
  11. SDCowboy

SDCowboy Well-Known Member

23,578 Messages
    17,830 Likes Received
    I still would have let Dak play this season out before I offered him anything.

jnday, pjtoadie, starcity214 and 3 others like this.
  12. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Zone Supporter

9,244 Messages
    12,486 Likes Received
    Stephen Jones said all 3 guys were offered top 5 money at their positions. In Dak's case, thats 30 million dollars. Not a whole lot of detective work required.

408Cowboy likes this.
  13. mfiggs18

mfiggs18 Member

16 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Teams always put a story like this to make the player seem greedy, and it works every time.

14. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,776 Messages
    41,593 Likes Received
    I do think that's whats going on. lol

408Cowboy, Ranching and ShortRound131 like this.
  15. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

18,687 Messages
    34,712 Likes Received
    If, and it's a big if because we really don't know, he's trying to beat $32 million a year I'd definitely let him play it out.

What's the worst that could happen? He gets the biggest QB contract ever? It seems he may already be trying to do that anyway, so let's see what other team is willing to talk that kind of number.

16. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

12,923 Messages
    13,052 Likes Received
    Thank Goodness he turned down 30 million ...

Now go lower ., 25 million .

jnday and HowardC like this.
  17. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

42,364 Messages
    25,003 Likes Received
    Friend, it does not matter what your opinion, my opinion, or anyone's opinion of Prescott's value to the franchise. However, you (and others) actually do think your opinion matters. There is an obvious disconnect in referencing what is or is not 'out of touch' concerning this (and many other) topic(s).

The only opinion that matters belongs to Jerry Jones. I have observed the man for three decades. It has been my opinion since 2016 Jones would make Prescott one of the highest paid quarterbacks in the league. The man jettisoned an established franchise quarterback for a player debatably at a midway point of his rookie season because he believed another franchise quarterback fell in his lap.

Franchise quarterbacks get PAID in the National Football League. Any anxiety I might have felt about Prescott's impact on the team's salary cap evaporated three years ago. If that makes me 'out of touch', hallelujah. One thing is certain though. I am not among those creating post after post and thread after thread for days on end about a situation completely out of my control. Maybe it is the Zoloft talking lol.

/rant

408Cowboy likes this.
  18. Pantone282C

4,522 Messages
    6,267 Likes Received
    That's about what I think the amount would be, but somehow think he wants a bit more. I wonder what they want in guaranteed money and signing bonuses?

19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

23,391 Messages
    9,743 Likes Received
    You sign him now so you don't have to give him $40 million next year.

The $30m number is also meaningless because we don't know what the guarantees were. If the offer was like 6x$30 but only $50m guaranteed, of course Dak said no. Dak might be fine with $28m if the guarantees are where he wants them.

ActualCowboysFan and DakPresgoat like this.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

52,075 Messages
    19,768 Likes Received
    No idea, all I know is that he is not worth that kind of money IMO. None of them are but whatever.

jnday and Pantone282C like this.