Rumor - Gronk on the Move

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
With Brady throwing to him. Who knows what he'd be without the best QB of all time.
He's been just as good when Bradys been out.

Just like the Pats record, nothing is affected when Tom is out. And lol at best Qb of all time.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Won't happen, and given he's already been talking about retirement I don't want it to happen at this point.

Like a certain safety, Gronk's best years are behind him.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
You guys rip the Cowboys for gambling on injured players. He is the definition of injury prone.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Three back surgeries, a torn up knee, and a broken forearm in his past. When he's on the field, he's an electric matchup nightmare, and as productive as any tight end that has ever played. But, with that injury history, he's not long for this game. No way that I trade anything of value for him.
I would MAKE A TRADE. Not for anything more than a 4th and a player thrown in. You almost have to make that move if your Will McClay and Stevie J. The need is big at TE.

CPanther95

Reaction score
They won’t deal him to a team that is a TE away from being a possible contender. They are smarter than that. They will send him to a team that has no chance to contend.

LOL.

Somebody should have informed the front office prior to the draft that they were just a TE away from being a contender

Cowboys22

Reaction score
LOL.

Somebody should have informed the front office prior to the draft that they were just a TE away from being a contender

Did you see the word possible? I didn’t say we were a TE away but add Gronk and it would certainly be possible.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Did you see the word possible? I didn’t say we were a TE away but add Gronk and it would certainly be possible.

It's possible with every team. The Patriots aren't going to pass up a great trade just because some team could possibly be more competitive - especially in the NFC.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
They won’t deal him to a team that is a TE away from being a possible contender. They are smarter than that. They will send him to a team that has no chance to contend.
So the Eagles really did screw you in the draft huh, lol.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
So asking myself why Belichick wants to rid himself of the best TE in game and certain HOFer?

irishline

Reaction score
He's been just as good when Bradys been out.

He has played exactly 2 games in his career without Brady and had 1 catch for 11 yards (9/22/16 against Houston and 10/2/16 against Buffalo). The only games Brady has missed during Gronk's career were the 4 games he was suspended in 2016 and Gronk was out injured the first two.

Do people even look stuff up before they say things anymore?

http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2504211/gamelogs?season=2016

http://www.nfl.com/player/robgronkowski/497240/gamelogs?season=2016

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No, if he IS leaving there, I reckon that he'll be retiring. He'd been talking a bit about retirement after the last 2 Super Bowls, and I don't think that he'd need to play for the Rams or Chargers to get into the movie industry. I reckon that he's already written his way there.

Insomniac

Reaction score
No, if he IS leaving there, I reckon that he'll be retiring. He'd been talking a bit about retirement after the last 2 Super Bowls, and I don't think that he'd need to play for the Rams or Chargers to get into the movie industry. I reckon that he's already written his way there.

I think Gronk probably wants to put up some more career stats to ensure being a first ballot HOFer. He also wants a new contract with big upfront money. Maybe he really is on the trading block but what kind of deal makes sense. The Patriots committed to Brady when they traded Jimmy G and what's anybody gonna give for Gronk? If you knew he was going to stay healthy for 4 years you'd give a lot. If you think that, who is your source for that really good ****? Oh never mind, I took up mostly clean living. :D

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think Gronk probably wants to put up some more career stats to ensure being a first ballot HOFer. He also wants a new contract with big upfront money. Maybe he really is on the trading block but what kind of deal makes sense. The Patriots committed to Brady when they traded Jimmy G and what's anybody gonna give for Gronk? If you knew he was going to stay healthy for 4 years you'd give a lot. If you think that, who is your source for that really good ****? Oh never mind, I took up mostly clean living. :D

I suppose so, but I think he is definitely a first ballot HOF TE regardless of what he chooses to do.