1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Rumor: Lincoln Riley "Very High" on the radar of Jerry and Stephen Jones

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cas2800, Dec 27, 2019.

1. 32BellyOption

32BellyOption Well-Known Member

1,186 Messages
    1,351 Likes Received
    I’d laugh at that but it wouldn’t surprise me at all. Lol!

Bowdown27 likes this.
  2. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

11,866 Messages
    5,572 Likes Received
    Go get the original Air Raid guru...Mike Leach!

3. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

22,820 Messages
    39,084 Likes Received
    Riley might be like those women, we all know, that think they can change the man. Even William Munny returned to what he was, leopards don't change their spots. I want extra points for working a fictitious outlaw in with a jungle cat ion the same sentence.

What Riley doesn't get is that Booger is the only GM that doesn't think once the players are on the team, they belong to the coaches. They still belong to him, just like everything else with that logo on it. It wasn't just "socks to jocks" but those wearing both.

DFWJC likes this.
  4. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

22,820 Messages
    39,084 Likes Received
    He gets my vote for most entertaining press conferences. Love to see him calling some of these players fat, stupid and lazy.

5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

7,932 Messages
    5,660 Likes Received
    Do you not watch college football? You’re talking about 4 star recruits that were top 10 in their class.

Hurts- SEC Vs Big 12 defenses. Maybe plays just a small role? Every decent Big12 QB puts up giant #’s. Not like Hurts was bad at Bama anyway

Mayfield- He played 1 year at Texas Tech...He didn’t have a good draft grade because he wasn’t draft eligible at all.

6. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member

6,062 Messages
    3,374 Likes Received
    Hopefully the new hc gets to pick his own staff and not get saddled with someone that he doesn't want.

Honestly that will be our first sign if he's a puppet or not.

Pants likes this.
  7. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

5,512 Messages
    5,347 Likes Received
    May be part of the reason why Dak hasn't signed yet.
    Most coaches with true grit and not puppets want to bring in their own guys.
    I really think this fan base is really more delusional than ever these days, just what makes you think that any "real" candidate, would even want to coach here?
    Put yourself in their shoes, if your Meyer or Riley, would you want to even consider exposing yourself to an "NFL" environment without writing your own ticket, and bring a clean slate?
    I guess money buys people everyday these days, but if you want a true man of grit, that can elevate a franchise to the next level, it has to be a man with his own master plan,,,, nothing in this house is working. , so why would an Urban Meyer prospect or Lincoln Riley prospect even consider it,, unless you don't think they are true men of honor.
    I have respect for those two, and why I don't think either are even considerations.
    Jerry might be considering them, but neither would be able to convince Jerry that he needs to take a back seat, and let a true football mind takeover control.
    I find it amusing that most Cowboys fans believe we can just go sign the next great HC, but in reality it will be who fits Jerrys credentials, not the other way around.

Whyjerry likes this.
  8. Valkyr

Valkyr Well-Known Member

1,176 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    I don't see Riley as
    "For half the money you're making now, but you get to coach the Dallus Cahboys! ~salesman wink~"

9. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

6,446 Messages
    4,549 Likes Received
    God please no I hope I’m wrong lol

10. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

17,921 Messages
    20,603 Likes Received
    if we dont get Meyer....Lincoln Riley would be one I'd hope for....
    or Nick Saban
    or Bob Stoops
    or Chris Petersen
    or Jim Harbaugh
    or Les Miles
    or Tom Herman
    or Mike McCarthy
    or Ron Rivera

Beast_from_East likes this.
  11. cern

cern Well-Known Member

11,340 Messages
    15,665 Likes Received
    I think the only certainty to this season's end will be the long overdue departure of Garrett. Whatever decision is made regarding the next hc should be made quickly. If it's riley, fine by me.

cowboyec likes this.
  12. Loso86

Loso86 Well-Known Member

532 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    I hear you. Just not so sure being a winner in college absolutely means your gonna be a winner or good coach in the pros

13. rangers71

rangers71 Active Member

965 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    A whole bunch of stupidity in this thread. To say Riley doesn't care about defense is false. He was forced to keep Stoops brother and then he finally said enough is enough and fired him and hired Alex Grinch this past season. Defense is much better and getting better each week. Also to say he has a history of nothing is wrong also. His team has played in the last 2 CFB championships, produced 2 Heisman winners and won multiple Big12 titles and still recruits one of the top classes in the country. If you have doubts about him then you should have the same doubts about Meyer. He has never coached a game in the NFL. Granted he has won national titles but it's safe to say Riley is further along in year 3 than Meyer was.

Direwolf63 likes this.
  14. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

22,114 Messages
    53,428 Likes Received
    FIFY :lmao2:

I'd rather have an NFL coach with a Superbowl Championship on his resume!

15. Jason 82 Witten

Jason 82 Witten Well-Known Member

1,344 Messages
    1,245 Likes Received
    Plus Meyer seems to have health problems every other season

16. SmarterThanEinstein

SmarterThanEinstein Member

50 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    that's my point, the football team decisions need to be made by someone younger and smarter. Anyone who thought Garrett was going somewhere after 3 years let alone 10 isn't seeing things clearly. Like someone after drinking a bottle of rum.

17. clff15701

clff15701 Well-Known Member

332 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Jerry really is trying to run off all of the fans. The man got his stadium. I have been a fan for 30 years. If he doesn't care enough to hire a real coach that has authority then I don't care enough to waste my time on his team. He needs to think long and hard about the fans hes run over for the last 25 years.

18. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,637 Messages
    22,335 Likes Received
    ABG...…………...Anybody But Garrett:yourock:

cowboyec likes this.
  19. Beaker42

Beaker42 Well-Known Member

4,201 Messages
    3,627 Likes Received
    cowboyec likes this.
  20. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

46,961 Messages
    47,337 Likes Received
    Most 36 year old coaches don't have 4 years guaranteed at 6M per year remaining on their current contract.

Riley has zero reason to agree to anything less than full control. He is in a stronger negotiating position than Meyer.

darthseinfeld likes this.