Rumor: Lincoln Riley "Very High" on the radar of Jerry and Stephen Jones

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lincoln's offense is finally playing a defense loaded with NFL caliber talent. Welcome to life in the SEC..........and its not going to get easier in the NFL. Jerry should really be taking notice of how easilly Lincoln's offense is taken apart when matched against a quality defense. OSU and Clemson would be doing the same thing to OU.

Sorry Big 12 fans, but this is why your conference hasn't played in a title game in the college playoff era. No defense.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Lincoln's offense is finally playing a defense loaded with NFL caliber talent. Welcome to life in the SEC..........and its not going to get easier in the NFL. Jerry should really be taking notice of how easilly Lincoln's offense is taken apart when matched against a quality defense. OSU and Clemson would be doing the same thing to OU.

Sorry Big 12 fans, but this is why your conference hasn't played in a title game in the college playoff era. No defense.

The guy is a fraud. 100 pct fraud. So glad it is being exposed in front of the nation.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy is a fraud. 100 pct fraud. So glad it is being exposed in front of the nation.

I think he's perfect for college football. But to make the leap that his offense is going to translate to the NFL with equal success is looking pretty absurd...........

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

That is a bit of an overreaction to one game. LSU has superior talent across the board.

LSU's defensive line is winning one on one battles on every obvious passing situation. Unlike JG at least Riley brought in a back to chip on the DE, of course, the DT ended up beating his man so it was pointless.

If anything this game shows why an 8 team playoff is pointless the gap is way too big.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Riley's exit interview before halftime sounded eerily similar to a Garrett presser.

I'm witnessing a nightmare. We can only hope that Riley isn't "loyal" so Jerry won't hire him.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
His coaching skillset makes me believe he will be better in the NFL than college. But I still don't think he has enough experience yet...he would be learning on the job here just like Garrett.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His coaching skillset makes me believe he will be better in the NFL than college. But I still don't think he has enough experience yet...he would be learning on the job here just like Garrett.
At least he’d be learning.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That is a bit of an overreaction to one game. LSU has superior talent across the board.

LSU's defensive line is winning one on one battles on every obvious passing situation. Unlike JG at least Riley brought in a back to chip on the DE, of course, the DT ended up beating his man so it was pointless.

If anything this game shows why an 8 team playoff is pointless the gap is way too big.

Not an overeaction at all. For 3 years his defenses have done this. I just don’t believe he should be an option at all.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score

This playoff game is precisely why I don’t want Riley as coach of the Cowboys. His team is really bad in the really big games. Only in the NFL, they are all against LSU. There are other aspects of the game besides just offense. Urban Meyer understands that, it appears. He has put together a number of staffs and won at each stop. He also has won a big game or two in his day. Urban Meyer is my pick. I hope Jerry and Stephen are on the same wavelength.