Rumors starting about Gruden coaching the Vols

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
would be interesting if nothing else.
he's been out of the game a while now though so can he build a workable college system and recruit?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Gruden got his coaching career started at Tenn.
He might go back if they money whip him and I'm assuming that's what would happen.
Tenn has always recruited well and tbh the SEC East is pretty friggin winnable of late.

College coaching has to be an easier lifestyle than Pro.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
All that said broadcasting is like hitting the lottery. Do a few football camps, do a few sports specials, and spend maybe 3 hours a week actually on air.
All a very respectable salary.
Beats the crap out of workin 60 hours per week as a coach unless you just want to compete.

John813

Reaction score
I don't think he has it in him to be a HC anymore. He may miss the good parts of it, but I doubt he would rather be up all night gameplanning/watching tape preparing/recruiting. He has a sweet gig at ESPN and is doing commercials. Unless of course he may be axed at ESPN cause they are bleeding $

ghst187

Reaction score
I would really like Gruden to replace Garrett.

Mid season or next year.

Normally I would agree with any statement that ends with .... “to replace Garrett” to include “a bag of chips”, a “block of wood”, etc but I will have to pass on chucky.
I just can’t imagine him still having it to coach, if he ever did.
I would enjoy never listening to him in the booth again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He wont make it unless he leaves his playbook at the door.

Gruden could be a good walk around coach but he is another Bill Callahan as a playcaller.