Running Vaccine Count

Discussion in 'Covid Zone' started by Hoofbite, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Well-Known Member

851 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    So basically your saying that if someone has a different opinion than you, they should keep their mouth shut because you don't care to hear it as it doesn't agree with yours.

Got it.

cml750 and Robbieac like this.
  2. Streetwise

Streetwise Taco Engineer

15,348 Messages
    16,461 Likes Received
    Some are fragile with regard to different ideas.

3. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

3,562 Messages
    1,696 Likes Received
    Interesting interpretation. Wrong but interesting.

4. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

7,591 Messages
    4,689 Likes Received
    I would imagine the vaccination rate will level off at around 60%. In any scenario, even one where a virus is killing a much bigger percentage of the population than this one, there will be people who refuse to get vaccinated for various reasons. And as the infection rates drop, for whatever reason, there will be more people who just won't see any reason to get the shot, the "well it's over" crowd. Of course the 60% is the country as a whole, here in Louisiana I'm seeing and hearing lots of folks who say they won't get the shot, even 50% of the people here getting the shot is probably just barely doable. But you never know, could be a surge in infections/deaths again, which would spur a few more people to get the shots. Or the virus could all of a sudden die off, again for various reasons - mutation to a harmless or nearly harmless form die off completely or even the 60% vaccination rate result in herd immunity (have no idea, just throwing that out, not saying I know 60% is enough).

The history of this country is full of ''dodging the bullet" events, like WWII - the ***** not pushing the development of the atomic bomb, Hitler turning on Russia and taking on a two front war, thus depleting his resources, or Hitler's fear of water making him not invade Britain when they could have taken it over, etc. And a myriad of other things. Could have turned out really badly, but didn't.

The Covid may be another one, good thing it wasn't more virulent than it was...

5. Rustinpeace21

Rustinpeace21 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Nah, I’ve long debated many people here about differing opinions, so I don’t know what you are talking about.

There’s about 3 or 4 people that derail every thread, that make sure the conversations turn into nonsense.

Someone posted in a thread about wearing masks about how “drug runners are coming in from Mexico and burning down peoples houses”

What purpose does that have in a conversation about wearing masks?

6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

58,753 Messages
    27,534 Likes Received
    To you nothing, that post wasn't for you, it was to a friend of mine I have known for many years. But hey, it's a cool story, this spin you are articulating. I guess if that post bothers you, you can report it. Hell, I will do it for you if it bothers you that much.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  7. Rustinpeace21

1,113 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    I don't feel the need to report people. And it doesn't bother me, say what you like. I didn't even remember who said it, and I'm not even spinning it in one way or another, it's just an example of stuff that derails conversations, and that's my point. Just defending my point.

8. ABQCOWBOY

58,753 Messages
    27,534 Likes Received
    I intend to.....

So it doesn't bother you and yet you refer to a post that happened 5 days ago in a thread that isn't even this one and you want to tell anybody about derailing threads?

It's the wrong thread...........

The post you are talking about, which was mine, to Winicki, was in the mask wearing thread. This, of course, is the running vaccine count thread. LOL..... Yeah, it don't bother you at all.

:laugh:

Tell yourself whatever you have to, it's whatever.

cml750 likes this.
  9. Rustinpeace21

1,113 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    It was just interesting with how off topic it was, that’s all. And imo that’s how threads get derailed. I won’t lost any sleep, and I’m sure neither will you.

10. ABQCOWBOY

58,753 Messages
    27,534 Likes Received
    I doubt that. If I had to bet money, I'd guess you already have.

But hey, your story, you tell it.

cml750 likes this.
  11. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Well-Known Member

851 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    Not wrong according to me, only you.

12. DanteEXT

3,562 Messages
    1,696 Likes Received
    Thread Title: Running Vaccine Count

Anything outside of discussing the running vaccine count would technically be out of scope. So when someone essentially asks "Can we stay on topic?" and you see "if I have a different opinion than you then you are telling me to shut up!" (both of those are paraphrased by the way) it is a wrong interpretation. Besides that how much opinion can there really be on the current running vaccine count?

DallasEast and Rustinpeace21 like this.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

58,753 Messages
    27,534 Likes Received
    This thread is 7 pages long. There is not enough on the subject of "Running Vaccine Count" to run this to 7 pages. I'd guess that there has been a lot of discussion expansion in this thread. I guess we could ask for it to be locked down, which is exactly where it's headed right now if we don't start being civilized to one another. I agree with your post here BTW.

DanteEXT likes this.
  14. DanteEXT

3,562 Messages
    1,696 Likes Received
    I agree. The subject matter doesn't really scream robust conversation. I hope it doesn't get locked down.

15. ABQCOWBOY

58,753 Messages
    27,534 Likes Received
    I agree.

16. DanteEXT

3,562 Messages
    1,696 Likes Received
    Per the CDC 40.7% of Americans are fully vaccinated. Assuming prior infection provides extended protection to some degree roughly anywhere from 43% to 84% are protected depending on the overlap by my math (low end everyone who got vaccinated had previous infection, high end everyone who got vaccinated was not previously infected). If say half the vaccinated previously were infected that would put it at around 63%. Not sure anyone is tracking that so it's hard to guess.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Robbieac likes this.
  17. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

10,345 Messages
    8,954 Likes Received
    In NJ 48.7% are fully vaccinated. 60.19% at least one dose. I'm assuming they mean adults. Maybe not.

18. ABQCOWBOY

58,753 Messages
    27,534 Likes Received
    Well, if you were going to burn down a persons house, wouldn't you think about wearing a mask?

Stick to the conversation you have. You know damn well that what you are referring to, which I posted, had nothing to do with the subject matter but, was a side conversation with another poster.

Now if you wanna complain about that, that's fine, but you aint gonna win the other.

19. ABQCOWBOY

58,753 Messages
    27,534 Likes Received
    I can't edit this so I'm going to post.

Apologies to you Rust. I read your earlier post, which I thought was new but as it turns out, was something we had already been over. This last post was unnecessary on my part. I'd remove it but this apology for my error is the best I can do at this point.

Again, my apologies for not paying attention here.

20. Rustinpeace21

1,113 Messages
    508 Likes Received

No worries ABQ. All good.