Running Zeke into the ground?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Problem with Zeke's usage is the number of tough runs he has. Would like to see Zeke used more like Gurley, Kamara n McCaffrey. Zeke is the offense yet nobody is talking about him being around for long...interesting.

DAL needs to find Zeke a running buddy, so not to run #21 (the real franchise player) in the ground. He's already getting tired n bruised, so coaches need to mix Rod Smith in more.

Sign Jordan Chunn off PS to help give Zeke a breather down the strecth here.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Funny how when he was drafted there were some who thought Dallas should run him into the ground since he'll never make a second contract.

Cydios

Reaction score
Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer
Officially, Ezekiel Elliott is on the injury report with a shoulder injury, which occurred in the second half of the Philadelphia win, but it won't affect his availability for this week's game at Indianapolis. "I've had a lot of touches," said Elliott, who had 40 touches vs. the Eagles. "Just trying to make sure I'm fresh for Sunday." Sean Lee (hamstring) practiced for the first time in more than a month and Tavon Austin (groin) practiced for the first time in nearly two months on a limited basis. Both could be available Sunday against the Colts.

Ken

Reaction score
So Zeke did not practice today. Do you think we should increase the rotation between Smith and Zeke? At this pace, he's going retire in 2 years..
And this is kind of my prediction.

I predict Zeke doesn't get another contract from Dallas. He will play out his contract next year and then get franchised for a year and then let go to FA to be replaced by a young back.

He is already visibly slower and is getting worn down to a nub. This style is not conducive to playing well on the 2nd half of a 2nd contract. With how dallas treats rbs...this is the smart play.

We will see how this plays out.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
So Zeke did not practice today. Do you think we should increase the rotation between Smith and Zeke? At this pace, he's going retire in 2 years..
That's the plan, I expect. He's a free agent after 2020. I doubt he sees a second contract with Dallas.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
Zeke is not being run into the ground as much as Emmitt Smith was
Emmitt Smith didn't take any punishment. He had a way of just getting glancing blows. If he ran like Zeke...he wouldn't have lasted long.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It would help if the guy would get into shape. He has horrible cardio. @ this rate...I think he is a one contract dude..and then you let him walk. You might get away franchising him one year....but no way do I commit to him long term. He has Earl Campbell mileage on him already. He's not gonna get better w/ age. He is what he is already....Infact I think he has already peakede as a pro. A smart team would trade him in the off season...and recoup some value...and draft another guy fairly high. There is some quality RBs coming out in 2019.:rolleyes:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would help if the guy would get into shape. He has horrible cardio. @ this rate...I think he is a one contract dude..and then you let him walk. You might get away franchising him one year....but no way do I commit to him long term. He has Earl Campbell mileage on him already. He's not gonna get better w/ age. He is what he is already....Infact I think he has already peakede as a pro. A smart team would trade him in the off season...and recoup some value...and draft another guy fairly high. There is some quality RBs coming out in 2019.:rolleyes:

LOL....ya man who needs Zeke ....we did FINE last season without him and ya talents like Zeke are a dime a dozen come draft time.....heck might as well pick up a couple of HB like Zeke in the draft as we have one of best passing games in the NFL:rolleyes:....No new contract for ZEKE no new contract for ZEKE.....ouuahhh....

P.S. Hey Dak why you crying bud..:facepalm:...don't worry will get you another Zeke bud .....:muttley:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
No.

Zeke missed 6 games last year.

Played in no playoff games in 2017.

He should be good for another 10 years.

Yes..

Just saw him lift his shirt and I saw the Freshness Date stamped on his belly button.

Fresh until 2028..

Not to worry.

What? Calling Zeke a fruit? How dare you.....

JK

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Run him till he drops. Pay him fairly, but run his wheels off. Then get another one. That’s the life of a RB.
Zeke doesn’t strike me as the type of back, nor does he have the type of running style, to last 10 years, so ride him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
LOL....ya man who needs Zeke ....we did FINE last season without him and ya talents like Zeke are a dime a dozen come draft time.....heck might as well pick up a couple of HB like Zeke in the draft as we have one of best passing games in the NFL:rolleyes:....No new contract for ZEKE no new contract for ZEKE.....ouuahhh....

P.S. Hey Dak why you crying bud..:facepalm:...don't worry will get you another Zeke bud .....:muttley:

Maybe you haven't noticed...but we are running him into the ground like the Chiefs used up Larry Johnson. LJ was never the same after his epic 2006...416 carries for 1,789 season. Zeke is on pace for over 400 touches this season....and that's not including the playoffs.

Shelf life for RBs are short...sorry to break that to you. You can blame the Cowboys for not finding a complimentary back to help carry the load.:rolleyes: