Twitter: Ryan Clark tweets about Lincoln Riley/Jerry

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Don't start with the SEC nonsense with me.

Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Florida, A&M, Auburn, LSU most years......

So overrated. Those are middle of the pack teams in other conferences, too.

SEC looked bad this weekend.

It’s played out over time. We see who is winning national titles and doing well in the tournament year after year.

SEC teams are just more well rounded overall.

OU gets there year after year and they are 1 and done or get put in the national title game by default and get pummeled by a well rounded team.

Jaylon Hurts is a bus driver QB at the college level in the SEC but you put him at OU and he will suddenly start putting up arcade numbers. It’s not a coincidence.

I know it’s hard for a fan of that team to not fall for that illusion but come on.. Time has had to of taught you a lesson.

Valkyr

Reaction score
I don't think in NCAA 14 on the lowest difficulty would I have had a game like Hurts did.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Hurts needs to impress against an SEC defense like LSU or his former team in 'Bama before I'm remotely a believer in Reilly's QB whisperer ability(s)..........

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

7MO9Yif.png

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The problem is OU plays cupcakes all year so the numbers get inflated.

Tua should’ve won the Heisman last year but it went to Kyler because he just had stupid numbers in a conference that just doesn’t believe in defense.

Lincoln RILEY is awesome though.. No denying his ability to call an offense.

At the COLLEGE LEVEL......ask Chip Kelly

erod

Reaction score
It’s played out over time. We see who is winning national titles and doing well in the tournament year after year.

SEC teams are just more well rounded overall.

OU gets there year after year and they are 1 and done or get put in the national title game by default and get pummeled by a well rounded team.

Jaylon Hurts is a bus driver QB at the college level in the SEC but you put him at OU and he will suddenly start putting up arcade numbers. It’s not a coincidence.

I know it’s hard for a fan of that team to not fall for that illusion but come on.. Time has had to of taught you a lesson.
I think you mean Alabama. If not for them, they're just like the Big 10 and Big 12.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Another stellar defensive performance by a Riley team. The great Lincoln Riley’s team allowing Houston to continually gash them. Riley is very, very far from NFL quality.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He uses a lot of NFL concepts.

He has NFL coaches going to him to for ideas.

Lol. Yeah right. The upper echelon NFL coaches being schooled by the 30 year old offensive wizard. Give me a break.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol. Yeah right. The upper echelon NFL coaches being schooled by the 30 year old offensive wizard. Give me a break.

A 30 something year old coached in the Super Bowl last year. The comment was ignorant.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
A 30 something year old coached in the Super Bowl last year. The comment was ignorant.

You are not that dumb are you? McVey was a great OC in Washington. Began coaching for the Skins in 2010. Universally respected in the NFL. You comparing him to Riley? Utter stupidity.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You are not that dumb are you? McVey was a great OC in Washington. Began coaching for the Skins in 2010. Universally respected in the NFL. You comparing him to Riley? Utter stupidity.

You are the one that brought up 30 year old coaches in a negative way. Now I guess you just want to forget about the 30 year old criteria that you set and make it strictly about NFL coaching vs Lincoln Riley.

Neither one of us can prove anything so I won’t argue about our theories.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You are the one that brought up 30 year old coaches in a negative way. Now I guess you just want to forget about the 30 year old criteria that you set and make it strictly about NFL coaching vs Lincoln Riley.

You are that stupid! Sorry you can’t understand context. McVey is an anomaly. He has spent a long time in the NFL to earn his stripes but is still a special situation. Riley has coached The Sooners for 2 years. No comparison.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You are that stupid! Sorry you can’t understand context. McVey is an anomaly. He has spent a long time in the NFL to earn his stripes but is still a special situation. Riley has coached The Sooners for 2 years. No comparison.

Like I said.. I won’t argue about our theories.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He uses a lot of NFL concepts.

He has NFL coaches going to him to for ideas.

That just it, his NFL concept is being tested by who? Most DBs, LBers, and DLmen who are at best low NFL draft picks or worst, undraftable.

Like I said.......see Chip Kelly

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That just it, his NFL concept is being tested by who? Most DBs, LBers, and DLmen who are at best low NFL draft picks or worst, undraftable.

Like I said.......see Chip Kelly

The transition is always a risk but look where the NFL is going with their offenses and look how Lincoln Riley’s RPO style fits into where it’s going.

For every Chip Kelly there is a Jim Harbaugh out there too and NFL coaches have been terrible college coaches. You just never know till you know.