Ryan Kerrigan not returning to Washington signing with Eagles

Carson

Reaction score
Mannn

Eagles, Giants and WFT been consistently churning vets this offseason. Can we get a guy. Please?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Mannn

Eagles, Giants and WFT been consistently churning vets this offseason. Can we get a guy. Please?

Well I did hear that we picked up an OK QB, a couple of pretty good tackles and a decent guard who missed most of last season :)

stiletto

Reaction score
Would've loved to taken a flier on him for a year, might need a guy like that later in the season. He lives near me in Reston, I met him out a couple times. Nice guy. Philly is closer for his family.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
who cares can we get a guy crowds JAGS role platers aged out vets really lets sign just guy's, you want old names what to make you feel better? what if OSI and Gholsten are just better players at this point in RK career, that a progress stoppers, is it not?

i rather develop the young guys, give them shot..

RK is Crawford 2.0 you just wanted that guy gone and want other guys like the ones we get rid of?

get over it these signings are just YAWN.

quacking hens every player cut makes the front page as sign this guy..jeez:facepalm::huh:

nothing to see here, especially ones that move around within the division. we would see this guy twice with WFT or Philly, what does it really matter?:banghead::popcorn::oldcouple:

quickccc

Reaction score
Ryan is getting up there in age, and WFT had two young notable studs already set in place and taking over the edges in Chase and Sweat.

At best Kerrigan would've been a reserve 3rd DE there and I've heard they are liking their youth reserves too. i thought someone like Pats, Chiefs
Bills Niners, Vikes or Seattle would've sign Kerrigan already on the open market. He's among the past decade leaders in sacks.

Would he start over Derek Barnett or Brian Graham, or would Eagles be content with him as a fresh 3rd DE off the bench ?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Ryan is getting up there in age, and WFT had two young notable studs already set in place and taking over the edges in Chase and Sweat.

At best Kerrigan would've been a reserve 3rd DE there and I've heard they are liking their youth reserves too. i thought someone like Pats, Chiefs
Bills Niners, Vikes or Seattle would've sign Kerrigan already on the open market. He's among the past decade leaders in sacks.

Would he start over Derek Barnett or Brian Graham, or would Eagles be content with him as a fresh 3rd DE off the bench ?
Probably not, but he probably figures he's winding down this late in his career and he gets to stay close to home.
Just my guess.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

chris long role

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Don’t think you can have too many good pass rushers, a solid rotation will wear out those tackles.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
who cares can we get a guy crowds JAGS role platers aged out vets really lets sign just guy's, you want old names what to make you feel better? what if OSI and Gholsten are just better players at this point in RK career, that a progress stoppers, is it not?

i rather develop the young guys, give them shot..

RK is Crawford 2.0 you just wanted that guy gone and want other guys like the ones we get rid of?

get over it these signings are just YAWN.

quacking hens every player cut makes the front page as sign this guy..jeez:facepalm::huh:

nothing to see here, especially ones that move around within the division. we would see this guy twice with WFT or Philly, what does it really matter?:banghead::popcorn::oldcouple:
I don’t get why CZ members applaud and are jealous no matter what other teams in the division do but crap on everything they Cowboys do. Mental disorder? Sounds like it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Anyone want to kick the tires on Kerrigan coming to Dallas?
I know he's getting up there but the guys was really good for them the past decade. I think he's worth a look see.

AT this point we need to see what all these youngsters have. For better or worse.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Solid signing for the Eagles. They go after d lineman like we do WR's

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Would be open to signing him for an Everson Griffin type deal. He’s still an effective pass rusher on limited snaps.

Had 5.5 sacks while playing only ~38% of the defense’s total snaps (C. Young 73%; Sweat 66%).
IMO, Kerrigan is pretty close to being done.

I watched him particularly in their opening game last season against Philly, when he got 2 of his 5.5 sacks. Philly had nearly everyone on their OL out or playing hurt and his two sacks in that game were pretty much busts and free runs at the QB. The Philly OL was a catastrophe.

His other 3.5 sacks came against Dallas (1.0), NYG (1.5), and Cincy (1.0). You know the condition of the Dallas QB/OL, the Giants were just about as bad, and Cincy had issues protecting their QB all year long. By late November when Cincy played Washington, they had a terrible QB and OL.

I watch division games when I can (when not playing at the same time as Dallas) and Ryan just didn’t play very well last year. I mean, nothing that I saw made me think he had much left to offer. He fell into nearly all of those sacks against sub-par competition.

Used to be a really nice player… but those days are gone, IMO.

I have a buddy who is a big Washington fan and at the end of last season, he talked about how Kerrigan got lucky on those sacks and how he was a liability in the run game. He told me then that he didn’t think Ryan would be back there.

I just don’t see how he would be worth much of anything at this point.