S Morgan Burnett to be released

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Burnett has lined up as a SS basically his whole career...
Burnett has played a lot of strong safety. He's more tackler than ballhawk. That said, his best days appear to be behind him.
I'm not disagreeing.
All I said was the team is looking for a SS

Burnett played FS when Charles Woodson was with the Packers because they had Woodson at SS.

In 2014 Burnett moved to SS and stayed there until he departed the Packers in 2018.

Rayman70

Reaction score
pass. Deep safety draft class, so its not shocking to see the steelers give Burnett what he wants. Tells me all I need to know about him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
heath,LLoka, Burnett...all about marginally the same type of safety. At this point we are better off drafting a guy at 58.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We don't need more JAGs....

tenor.gif

Calling Heath a JAG is insulting JAGs. A JAG is an upgrade. You guys simply don't want to upgrade this position at all, do you? We all wanted Earl Thomas or an all-pro safety, it didn't happen.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then he needs to tell Jerry that Heath is a Jag...

There are several things about Heath that they like.

His speed allows them to do some things in the scheme that they wouldn't try with a lot of NFL Safeties.

Obviously he also has limitations and it would be nice to add an elite Safety to the roster; however the coaches definitely like Heath way more than the average fan.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

His speed allows them to do some things in the scheme that they wouldn't try with a lot of NFL Safeties.

Obviously he also has limitations and it would be nice to add an elite Safety to the roster; however the coaches definitely like Heath way more than the average fan.
But I think they would even acknowledge that the more he plays the more he gets exposed and worn down. He's a quality STs guy and would probably be at his best on passing downs. He missed way too many tackles last season.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score

The average fan is just that. Average. They don't have to worry about the elements that go into adding to your roster.

Look at all the hand wringing that has occurred on this thread. Could you imagine entrusting a $1.5 Billion dollar company to the opinions here?

Adding resources is not as easy as the fandom thinks it is.