S-o-f-t

ultra5

Reaction score
hate to say it... but that is the truth.

that is what our team is.

they are SOFT.

if anyone happened to tune in to MNF last night - it should be so clear right now.

you saw 2 teams that fought hard for the first half until the harder, tougher team knocked the wind out of the Commanders.

is it the players? is it the coaches? is it the water in Big D?

i cannot believe what this team has become.

let's hope we can get tough quick...

:starspin

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Doesn't matter to me what they are.

Just put up more points than the other team.

And tell me how soft they are when we have a lead and Barber is bullen through people or Witten is truckin dudes with a broke rib and no helmet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I rather use the term "finesse team" myself. It's more palpable for me personally.

superpunk

Reaction score
Solid spelling clinic. Thread delivered what it promised. 5 stars, would read again.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
ultra5;2400285 said:
hate to say it... but that is the truth.

that is what our team is.

they are SOFT.

if anyone happened to tune in to MNF last night - it should be so clear right now.

you saw 2 teams that fought hard for the first half until the harder, tougher team knocked the wind out of the Commanders.

is it the players? is it the coaches? is it the water in Big D?

i cannot believe what this team has become.

let's hope we can get tough quick...

:starspin

Funny, because the Cowboys and Mavs are eerily similar.

ultra5

Reaction score
DallasEast;2400292 said:
I rather use the term "finesse team" myself. It's more palpable for me personally.

I heard someone comment earlier with the same exact sentiments today - and i agree wholeheartedly 100%.

FINESSEE D.

The Dallas Cowboys are a "Finesse" D.

Yikes - that is ugly....

Let's hope that we can get our mojo back b/c i can't take watching half-assed arm tackles and Mike Jenkins antics from last Sunday anymore.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
DallasEast;2400292 said:

I would say that Landry's teams were finesse teams. The shifts, the movement, the misdirection on offense with quick, athletic linemen, and of course the flex defense that required players to be disciplined.

That worked well in the 1970s, but not so much in the 1980s, especially in the latter half of that decade when Jim Erkenbeck was brought in to coach the offensive line and they drafted Crawford Ker and Jeff Zimmerman to block for Herschel. They also started phasing out the flex.

Times change and it was a different league in the 1970s, but one reason "finesse" worked then was because Landry was a good teacher and he had smart players.

But this team ... I don't know .... "soft" may more aptly describe their mental state.