News: Sad for Dez Bryant

lostar2009

Reaction score
He do not sound desperate, seem like he was ask questions in a interview. But I dont feel sorry for Dez. He had the chance to join the Ravens when he was first release for a good sum of money but refuse. Then took league min for the Saints where he mess up his leg. After that he was pretty much wash up.

foofighters

Reaction score
Dez sounds so desperate. Can't hell but feel sad for him. He's literally begging anyone, specifically the Arizona Cardinals, to hire him even as a backup or mentor. Sounds so desperate.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2022/05/e...nt-retired-names-his-dream-team-for-2022.html

It's a shame to see our ex-88 this way. What say you?
Why would someone want him to mentor his players? He disappeared during games, ran pour routes and spent far too much time jawing with db's. The guy should have worked on his craft more. Physical ability can only get you so far and now he's paying the price for that.

khiladi

Reaction score

Dez wanted to prove himself on a 1 year deal and GOT IT with the Saints, but then tore his Achilles. It was an injury that threw off his potential return.

It was definitely a risk, but not sure how that’s greedy. As far as personnel, he struck the lottery with that QB and offense. It was the perfect place to revitalize his career.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I do not feel sad or sorry for him. He is the only Cowboy to walk off on his team before the game was over. And his owner's defense of that as "passion" was even worse.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see this owner bring in the other WR to walk off on his team, Antonio Brown.

Bryant is stubborn as a mule. His coaches and teammates told him to stay the hell away from that opportunist, Deion Sanders, and he ignored them and then lied about it and lost his last year with OSU. Then he passes on the Ravens deal because of his ego.

He gets what he deserves.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
All things being equal, Dez seems to be quite fine financially.. Not sure of the concern there.

Because people need it to be of concern. Dez is the poster child for drawing ire from some fans who want to look down on players as lower than them but can't financially so then they go into their treasure trove of moral superiority to feel better while hoping for the person's downfall. Quality people someplace, I'm sure. Lol.

kskboys

Reaction score
Became a Fall Guy and JJ dumped him late in free agency........should have been like Noah Brown, don't say anything, and don't do anything.....and he'd probably would have lasted longer on the team. QB, JG, and OC fix things by getting rid of people, instead of looking in the mirror and at film of their own play/play-calling/execution. Dez is done on the field.
Fall guy? Well, I guess that's what you get if you jog your routes, drop passes, and can't play anymore!!!!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dez wanted to prove himself on a 1 year deal and GOT IT with the Saints, but then tore his Achilles. It was an injury that threw off his potential return.

It was definitely a risk, but not sure how that’s greedy. As far as personnel, he struck the lottery with that QB and offense. It was the perfect place to revitalize his career.
The injury is his excuse for that year with the Saints. After that it's because of choices he made.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dez sounds so desperate. Can't hell but feel sad for him. He's literally begging anyone, specifically the Arizona Cardinals, to hire him even as a backup or mentor. Sounds so desperate.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2022/05/e...nt-retired-names-his-dream-team-for-2022.html

He obviously still wanna be close to the game but needs to accept his playing days are over and maybe a better route is to go into the league's coaching mentorship program.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I think it must be really hard to transition from player to former player for all explayers.
You go from a very full time limelight job, to the shadows.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He should go to Canada. One of 2 things will happen.

1. Make a team and prove he can still play.

2. He won't make a team and prove he can't any more.

Reactions: G2

Cmac

Reaction score
Fall guy? Well, I guess that's what you get if you jog your routes, drop passes, and can't play anymore!!!!
Yep......thrown under the bus for passion. All good.
Funny picture......one deemed a leader/ringless.......other one deemed detrimental/ringless. Brandon Carr should have been in this picture or in
DC face, as the one that was mad, for getting no help in coverage on Megatron.......ALL GAME.
R.04059aa9fc59fe9e710fcd6f98b95778

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think it must be really hard to transition from player to former player for all explayers.
You go from a very full time limelight job, to the shadows.

This is true but the writing has been on the wall for Dez for at least five years now. It's not like his career has suddenly ended over an injury. It appears he doesn't have much of an after-football plan.

Praxit

Reaction score
..could have retired as cowboy. But no, starting shooting his mouth off, disrupting chemistry.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dez has no one to blame but himself. He’s always allowed his emotions to get the better of him. He became a distraction and we moved on. All he does these days is rant on Twitter.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He should do that. He would be popular there if he has any ability at all remaining.
I think they more players with NFL experience, the better. It was cool to see Johnny Football throwing to TO, it would be the same for Dez. That's where a lot of players should go that couldn't get traction in the NFL.