SAEN: Cowboys play face Super Bowl champs on the road next season

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO – Here’s a thought that should worry every Cowboys fan: Tony Romo and Co. play at Seattle next season.

The Seahawks beat up Dallas 27-7 in 2012. On Sunday night, they won the Super Bowl by doing the same to Peyton Manning and Denver.

There’s already been speculation that the Seahawks will open defense of the title in a primetime game against the Cowboys. That makes sense given Dallas’ amazing ability to draw high ratings even though its finished 8-8 the last three seasons and hasn’t made the playoffs since 2009.

But I’m guessing the NFL goes with a Seahawks-49ers opener. It’s the top rivalry in the league right now and would be a much more enjoyable game than Seahawks-Cowboys.

No matter when they play, the Cowboys had better bring their big-boy pads to the Great Northwest to face Seattle and its vaunted 12th Man. The Seahawks are a young, physical, smart, well-coached team that should be in title contention for several more seasons. The Cowboys, meanwhile, are, well, the Cowboys – a mediocre, underachieving bunch prone to mental mistakes in crunch time with poor depth and questionable coaching.

Continue reading...

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I see the niners as opening day game. Only makes sense for the champs to play within the division

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Opening night should be 49ers and Seattle. Seattle is a great team, no doubt but we saw this year that they are not unbeatable. AZ beat them at home. Tampa Bay took them to OT in Seattle.

I don't expect Dallas to beat them, but they can.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Opening night should be 49ers and Seattle. Seattle is a great team, no doubt but we saw this year that they are not unbeatable. AZ beat them at home. Tampa Bay took them to OT in Seattle.

I don't expect Dallas to beat them, but they can.

There's no way we beat Seattle unless they crash and burn. We beat the bad teams and lose to the good ones extremely consistently.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
It's going to be a tough game. We're going to have to run the ball effectively to win, and hopefully/ideally be a lot better on the front 7 on defense.

OhSnap

Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO – Here’s a thought that should worry every Cowboys fan: Tony Romo and Co. play at Seattle next season.

The Seahawks beat up Dallas 27-7 in 2012. On Sunday night, they won the Super Bowl by doing the same to Peyton Manning and Denver.

There’s already been speculation that the Seahawks will open defense of the title in a primetime game against the Cowboys. That makes sense given Dallas’ amazing ability to draw high ratings even though its finished 8-8 the last three seasons and hasn’t made the playoffs since 2009.

But I’m guessing the NFL goes with a Seahawks-49ers opener. It’s the top rivalry in the league right now and would be a much more enjoyable game than Seahawks-Cowboys.

No matter when they play, the Cowboys had better bring their big-boy pads to the Great Northwest to face Seattle and its vaunted 12th Man. The Seahawks are a young, physical, smart, well-coached team that should be in title contention for several more seasons. The Cowboys, meanwhile, are, well, the Cowboys – a mediocre, underachieving bunch prone to mental mistakes in crunch time with poor depth and questionable coaching.

Continue reading...

So I guess he's predicting a loss by the Cowboys? It's seems unprofessional to do that without knowing what day the game will be played on. :D

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Them Seahawk secondary mens are like Piranhas. They will pick off at least 3 of romo's thows.
All things being the same, it will be a massacre. And on the road? Does the Geneva Convention half anything to say about such a mismatch? On the other hand, the game might serve notice nationally, how much Jerra has mucked up things in Dallas. I mean, Arlington.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
So I guess he's predicting a loss by the Cowboys? It's seems unprofessional to do that without knowing what day the game will be played on. :D

Well, I'm having a hard time not allowing him a little leeway but I never concede defeat until defeated.

Reaction score
The Cowboys will get destroyed in Seattle.

We are way too mentally weak to go up there and beat them. Not enough talent either.

I'm afraid it will be one of many losses next year.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

I'm just putting the article out there for mass consumption. I don't necessarily agree with any or all parts of other authors work. However, while I feel the team is slowly getting better, I can't argue with our having a mediocre record or even mediocre overall talent. I have to say I'm not feeling real good about the defense next year at the present. Perhaps I'll feel better after the draft or in TC.

ologan

Reaction score

.........or who we draft......or who makes it out of training camp or season games healthier.......or any of a number of unknown variables at this time....the day after the season finally ends!
I think I'll wait till the games played.

OhSnap

Reaction score
Well, I'm having a hard time not allowing him a little leeway but I never concede defeat until defeated.

I think theres 31 other teams that would be concerned about playing the Seahawks next year. I'm just amazed at the number of writers and people in general that ran to their computers as the last seconds ticked off and began to compare Seattle to Dallas. Pointing out the differences in a SB winner and an 8-8 team seems like shooting fish in a barrel but I guess if you hate fish its fun.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think theres 31 other teams that would be concerned about playing the Seahawks next year. I'm just amazed at the number of writers and people in general that ran to their computers as the last seconds ticked off and began to compare Seattle to Dallas. Pointing out the differences in a SB winner and an 8-8 team seems like shooting fish in a barrel but I guess if you hate fish its fun.

I agree. I wasn't even thinking next year last night. The game was very exciting to watch (Seattle) for a time. Once it got to the point of no return for Denver I started to get bored.

This reminds me of baseball. At one time, I could watch with fascination a 1-0 game or a no-no even if not close. I loved the pitching, defense and the intricacies of it all. Now I get bored easily with most games. I don't like being where I don't really enjoy the purity as much as the offense and a close game. My mother, God rest her, until the day she left could watch every game every day there was one. She and my brother knew more about it than me and seemed to enjoy it more.

I guess it would be a dull party if everyone showed up looking and acting the same.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

Dem Clickz!

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I see the niners as opening day game. Only makes sense for the champs to play within the division

As a fan, I would prefer to see the 49ers vs. Seahawks. They hate each other and are well matched. Much better match-up than watching a jacked up Seattle team pummel Dallas.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't think it makes any sense to have the Super Bowl champions play a college team.

LOL.....................sad, but true.

I tend to think it will be the 49ers and Seattle as well. The league usually likes the "kickoff game" to be somewhat competitive and last time we played Seattle we lost by 20 and they are a lot better now.