SAEN: Cowboys play face Super Bowl champs on the road next season

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
LOL.....................sad, but true.

I tend to think it will be the 49ers and Seattle as well. The league usually likes the "kickoff game" to be somewhat competitive and last time we played Seattle we lost by 20 and they are a lot better now.

I think it would make a lot more sense to open the season with the Seahawks vs the 49ers. They're the two best teams in the league. I don't think the two best teams played in the Super Bowl this year. The 49ers were certainly more competitive than the Broncos against the Seahawks.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Seattle is the toughest place to play in the league. It's really not surprising if we lose/get blown out in that game- there's probably only 1 or 2 teams that wont get completely blown out at Seattle.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
Opening night should be 49ers and Seattle. Seattle is a great team, no doubt but we saw this year that they are not unbeatable. AZ beat them at home. Tampa Bay took them to OT in Seattle.

I don't expect Dallas to beat them, but they can.
Opening night should be 49ers and Seattle. Seattle is a great team, no doubt but we saw this year that they are not unbeatable. AZ beat them at home. Tampa Bay took them to OT in Seattle.

I don't expect Dallas to beat them, but they can.
Mentally Dallas will crumble under the pressure of playing in Seattle!

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I don't understand why we play in Seattle again, to be honest. We played in their house the last time our divisions faced off. Isn't it supposed to rotate?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I don't understand why we play in Seattle again, to be honest. We played in their house the last time our divisions faced off. Isn't it supposed to rotate?

last time we played them as a same place finisher which is a separate rotation then playing the NFC West every 3 years. in 2011, when we last faced the NFC West, we played them in Dallas. In 2017, they will come here again. The only way we play them in 2015 or 2016 is if we finish in the same place in the NFC East as they do in the NFC West.

coult44

Reaction score
I'll be there with my Dez jersey on, and my ear plugs in. Seattle fans are not too harsh. The last time we played them, they were buying us drinks after the game all night long. They felt bad for us losing like we did. I won't expect us to win, but I'll have my hope back by then. Don't know why but I will...

Reaction score
Apparantly the NFC West also plays the AFC West next year. So they could put Denver in that opening game . But given what happened in the Super Bowl, that is unlikely.

Very few teams can give Seattle a good game up there. SF is the obvious one. Carolina may be the other. Even Philly is a possibility for opening night. Giving Chip Kelly the offseason to prepare for the Seattle defense may be compelling enough to put them on opening night. Not sure if they play Philly at home or on the road though.

Either Carolina or Philly has to go up there. Whoever it is, may be a possibility

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
while it would be a tough game for sure, who knows what injuries will happen to the Seahawks in preseason, there will be the SB hangover etc

I would prefer not to be the first game as it would happen during my son's hockey tryouts and I would have to take a day off work to go given it is a night game etc

skinsscalper

Reaction score
last time we played them as a same place finisher which is a separate rotation then playing the NFC West every 3 years. in 2011, when we last faced the NFC West, we played them in Dallas. In 2017, they will come here again. The only way we play them in 2015 or 2016 is if we finish in the same place in the NFC East as they do in the NFC West.

Thank you, sir. I hadn't realized that when we played them in Seattle last time that it was a "place finish" part of the scheduling. I thought it was, for some reason, the same season we beat SF at home in OT (which was when we played the NFC West last time, correct?) #mymemorysucks