Safety at 58

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
His 40 sucks - KTIM.
Yeah, I just think he’s a good football player and that some team will take him in round two.

I could be wrong of course, but as a box safety, he’s a good player.

We shall see soon enough.

What round do you see him going in?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
That could be the case with a secondary reshuffle. I see these draftable FSs (Adderly, Thornhill) as much better Single High players than X, and they shouldn't pass up an upgrade at that important position. Also, I think would be ok at SS.

Honestly, Heath has displayed more range at SH, but I made that point to say if you put a rangy (anticipation, instincts, angles, quickness, speed) guy like Thornhill back there the defense goes up a notch. Don't get me wrong, I like X and he's competent at SH he's just a step slow imo.
yeah, i think X is a good player & still has room to develop but if you can take the talent to another level you have to do that. I haven't studied any of the guys coming out but sounds like several are believed to be potential high level guys. Could finally put a real strong secondary on the field.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I been doing my homework on Nasir Adderly ,Taylor Rapp and Darnell Savage. I have come to a conclusion that we MUST draft either Adderly at 58 or Savage. Rapp has good skills,but is a little all over the place with his coverage skills and his tackling is decent,but nothing like the other 2 dudes. If it boils down to Adderly or Savage, I am happy with either guy. Adderly for some reason just looks like a Cowboy and plays like the ball belongs to him. Very smooth in coverage for a safety,and can hit and wrap up. COMPLETE SAFETY. What do you guys think and with our recent additions, doesn't it look like the front office is also leaning towards safety at 58? Especially after we got Quinn?.Give me your thoughts.

W/ pick 58....

Adderly...gone
Savage...gone
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson FS Florida...gone

Juan Thornhill FS Virginia...could be there....and I'll take him.

Taylor Rapp...scares the hell out of me. Guy just ran a 4.78 40 @ his pro day:omg:

This just screams of match up nightmare. Teams aren't stupid. When he is in...teams will get him isolated 1 on 1...and expose him in space.

If I'm making the pick...I pass. I don't care what the scouts say. Sadly...I think this guy is our pick. Just keep getting this bad Conner Williams feeling all over again...that we will take the bait.:(

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
W/ pick 58....

Adderly...gone
Savage...gone
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson FS Florida...gone

Juan Thornhill FS Virginia...could be there....and I'll take him.

Taylor Rapp...scares the hell out of me. Guy just ran a 4.78 40 @ his pro day:omg:

This just screams of match up nightmare. Teams aren't stupid. When he is in...teams will get him isolated 1 on 1...and expose him in space.

If I'm making the pick...I pass. I don't care what the scouts say. Sadly...I think this guy is our pick. Just keep getting this bad Conner Williams feeling all over again...that we will take the bait.:(

Too bad Connor Williams can't live up to the all time great mid-round pick Paul Dawson from TCU.

I mean checkout Dawson's career stats:

Total tackles:16
Sacks:0.0
Forced fumbles:0
Fumble recoveries:0
Interceptions:0