Safety Interest? Berry?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The only one that interest me in the draft is the kid from LSU but he will be long gone before we pick at 32.

You're right about him being gone. As far as picking 32nd, did we trade way down or up from our 2nd round pick?
The kid from Cal is not bad from what I have read but I have never seen him play.
Very good take. He's sneaky good. He is what people here think Jeff Heath is.
We should have drafted a safety this year. Thornhill was right there but we settle for Tristan trash.
Dead on as well.

Keep an eye on Isaiah Simmons from Clemson. He's listed as linebacker but he's an athletic freak and could be a dominant strong safety. Also, likely long gone before we pick.

Xavier McKinney from Alabama is in the mix but I'm not big on him.

Bigdog

Reaction score
You're right about him being gone. As far as picking 32nd, did we trade way down or up from our 2nd round pick?

Very good take. He's sneaky good. He is what people here think Jeff Heath is.

Dead on as well.

Keep an eye on Isaiah Simmons from Clemson. He's listed as linebacker but he's an athletic freak and could be a dominant strong safety. Also, likely long gone before we pick.

Xavier McKinney from Alabama is in the mix but I'm not big on him.
I was trying to be positive about us picking 32. One can hope. McKinney intrigues me but we have to be picking very late in the 1st for me to take him as their other players I would want like Derrick Brown (not going to happen unless we trade up) or the DT from Alabama who I believe will be the run stopper we need with a little pass rushing ability. If we are picking in the mid 20's I would take him or DT from South Carolina. I just can't remember their names right now.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I would want like Derrick Brown

If we are picking in the mid 20's I would take him or DT from South Carolina

You are on fire my man.

Great draft takes, do you post in the draft forum?

Every year I try to match value and need and lock in on a player we could realistically draft.

Kinlaw is that guy for me so far. Obviously, a lot will change between now and April.

Bigdog

Reaction score
You are on fire my man.

Great draft takes, do you post in the draft forum?

Every year I try to match value and need and lock in on a player we could realistically draft.

Kinlaw is that guy for me so far. Obviously, a lot will change between now and April.
I do a little but I am not as knowledgeable as others on here like you. I enjoy reading yours, Bodi, and some others analysis on some draft prospects as well as your guys draft mocks. Kinlaw intrigues me with his size and athleticism,plus I have read where he has great character. The DT from Alabama I have read is very good against the run and is impossible to move him so he intrigues me too.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So now do we recheck on Berry?

I remember in August when people wanted to let Zeke hold out and sign Ajayi. Ajayi, like Berry, is still unemployed. There are reasons for that.

Stop looking for warm bodies in graveyards.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No. They are looking for a long term awnser and not a bandaide

Might mean we have more serious interest in a Safety in the draft than we did last year

I'm looking for the winning lotto ticket but I'll take $10 in the street.

If Berry comes cheap enough, he's got a huge upside and minimal cost. So totally a Jerry move. But I think he must have failed even our relatively risk unafraid medical eval. Otherwise he'd already be here.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My guess is if he could play, he would be

Berry has made real money in his career, and had real accomplishments. Much like Tony, I'm sure if he went cheap enough someone would sign him. But he's got no reason to be desperate, financially or otherwise.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I wait and see how we are doing going into December.. if we have shot at winning the division and making the playoffs, you go get Berry..it goes him 4 weeks to round into shape , help us in those games in spot duty and then is ready to go full out just for the playoffs.. his knees can hold up 6-7 games right?
its not his knee its his heel.

conner01

Reaction score
Berry has made real money in his career, and had real accomplishments. Much like Tony, I'm sure if he went cheap enough someone would sign him. But he's got no reason to be desperate, financially or otherwise.
That may be the case
I don’t know myself
But with his ability when healthy I would think someone would be knocking on his door if he’s really healthy enough to play