News: Safety Josh Jones to the 53 man roster

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just saw that Jones was promoted to the 53. Anybody think this guy cracks to game day roster?
Heath has injury issues.

I think he had 2 injuries in the Giants game and then re-injured his shoulder in the Vikings game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Athletic kid (4.4 40 for a guy at 110 lbs 37.5 vertical), was a bit of a bust (2nd round pick) in Green Bay. Only 25, could end up a really solid steal.

Braces for the hate.. I like him a lot more than Jeff Heath.

I watch most Packers games.

If I recall correctly, he was decent against the run but inconsistent in coverage.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I watch most Packers games.

If I recall correctly, he was decent against the run but inconsistent in coverage.

Yeah -- I recall seeing the same thing. Maybe he just needs more time to refine his coverage (I hope.)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The Jones are Jonesing for Jones Jones.
3glepz.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Green bay needed safetys bad after last year. They let this kid go. That should say it all. He can't cover and he could not do the job he was assigned. Unless he had a lobotomy u would not get my hopes up.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Is he the difference btw us winning/losing to ny, minn, saints or packers? Nope so i dont care.

Carson

Reaction score
Green bay needed safetys bad after last year. They let this kid go. That should say it all. He can't cover and he could not do the job he was assigned. Unless he had a lobotomy u would not get my hopes up.

If I’m not mistaken, it was a numbers game. They signed Amos and drafted Savage (obvious upgrades). I believe he wanted more PT than they wanted to give.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Antwaun Woods was cut from the Titans 90-man roster before training camp and was Day-1 starter for us.

Johnny Unitas was cut by the Steelers.

Jim Plunkett was cut by the 49ers before taking the Raiders to the Super Bowl. The Giants let go of Kurt Warner, and he went on to lead the Cardinals to a Super Bowl appearance.

Heck, we cut Olawale in 2012 and 6 years later traded a draft pick to get him back.

NFL history is full of guys who were cut by a team and went on to success with another.

Not saying Josh Jones will be, but he definitely can be. With the subpar players we have trotted out there at safety, I'd be willing to gamble on Jones.

Slightly off-subject, is this team going to give Donovan Wilson a shot back there? We seemed so high on him in the preseason, but have been reluctant to put him in.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Green Bay was a mess last year...I wouldn't blame it all on this kid. I'm interested to see if he's got anything. Get him in there.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Antwaun Woods was cut from the Titans 90-man roster before training camp and was Day-1 starter for us.

Johnny Unitas was cut by the Steelers.

Jim Plunkett was cut by the 49ers before taking the Raiders to the Super Bowl. The Giants let go of Kurt Warner, and he went on to lead the Cardinals to a Super Bowl appearance.

Heck, we cut Olawale in 2012 and 6 years later traded a draft pick to get him back.

NFL history is full of guys who were cut by a team and went on to success with another.

Not saying Josh Jones will be, but he definitely can be. With the subpar players we have trotted out there at safety, I'd be willing to gamble on Jones.

Slightly off-subject, is this team going to give Donovan Wilson a shot back there? We seemed so high on him in the preseason, but have been reluctant to put him in.
Jimmy Smith !