Safety Position in the 2019 draft

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like several of the Safeties in this draft.

It is not a good year for a team looking to draft a top half of the 1st round type Safety; however, there are multiple Safeties that project well to the NFL and some of then should be available in the late 2nd and 3rd round.

Many years I'm just not impressed with most of the Safeties in the draft; however this year there are several that have both good game footage and good measurables.

Obviously this draft seems deep at DL and TE also which could cause the Cowboys to pass on a Safety early; however if they are ever going to draft a Safety relatively early this is a good year for it (I don't expect them to ever draft one in the 1st round).

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I like several of the Safeties in this draft.

It is not a good year for a team looking to draft a top half of the 1st round type Safety; however, there are multiple Safeties that project well to the NFL and some of then should be available in the late 2nd and 3rd round.

Many years I'm just not impressed with most of the Safeties in the draft; however this year there are several that have both good game footage and good measurables.

Obviously this draft seems deep at DL and TE also which could cause the Cowboys to pass on a Safety early; however if they are ever going to draft a Safety relatively early this is a good year for it (I don't expect them to ever draft one in the 1st round).

I like Rapp and Abram a lot at SS. Rapp would be ideal at the SS spot for Dallas, IMO.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am intrigued by several of the safeties in this year's draft. While there are no top 10 or 15 candidates, there are a number of 2-4 round prospects.

I really like Abram and C Gardner-Johnson in the second and Sheldrick Redwine in the 4th or later rounds.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think the team likes Woods, and are likely looking for more of a box Safety with coverage ability.

I think they should be looking at both...I wouldn’t be mad at all if we double dipped at S this year.

Woods is solid, but he lacks length and struggles with tackling. I think he’s be a great #3 S and some DB if we could upgrade