Saints cut Larry Warford

vnick

Reaction score
If he could be had on cheap short term deal, sure...but he can't.

There are teams with the space to make him a nice 3-4 year deal.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I agree, actually.

But if we could somehow get him for cheap just because he wants to be a part of the best line in football, it’s worth asking. Would really help ease the pain of losing Frederick.

Tyron-Warford-Biadasz-Martin-Collins
Williams-Erving-McGovern-Looney

That would be incredible.
Cowboys had 11 OL on the roster at one point, they will have 9 or 10 this year.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Commanders desperately need a LG, so they will probably at least be interested. It is about time to pay Scherff at RG though, so I don’t know if they’d pay Warford before him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I agree, actually.

But if we could somehow get him for cheap just because he wants to be a part of the best line in football, it’s worth asking. Would really help ease the pain of losing Frederick.

Tyron-Warford-Biadasz-Martin-Collins
Williams-Erving-McGovern-Looney

That would be incredible.
Indeed, the OL was, is, should remain this teams strength and identity.
Loosing a key component like T-Fred can not be replaced easily.
Finding a way to sign a 28 yr old Warford fast tracks that loss significantly.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Jets could use o-line help and if we signed Warford, we could shoot them their choice of Williams or McGovern, just saying. :D
If that's true, then why wouldn't the Jets just beat us to signing Warford and skip dealing with us at all?

MikeB80

Reaction score
If Dallas had hired Dan Campbell as Head Coach a signing like this might be a possibility having been on the staff that coached him in New Orleans for years.

Bigdog

Reaction score
We will make a solid offer but he will go elsewhere will be our standard response.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our starting RDE is average and the 2 main options with nfl experience are not even re-instated yet but lets add an expensive OL guy to fix a problem we don't have. Seems logical.

davidariust24

Reaction score

He’s made the Pro Bowl three straight years. He’s only 28 years old.

Sign him up and let McGovern, Biadasz, and Looney and battle out for center. Make Williams the swing tackle. Boom.

I'd sign him if he agreed to a team friendly deal unless we feel like William's or McGovern are going to do the job. We havent truly been dominant since Ron Leary left after 2016. He was our left guard. I really feel that if we got a dominating left guard again to play next to Tyron Elliott would run for 1700 plus again and the passing game would be unstoppable. If overloading for an unstoppable season is possible and under the cap. I'd do it. Warford could play for a 1 or 2 year deal maybe. You never know. There is no question Warford makes this team ABSOLUTELY Dominant.