Saints sign DT Malcolm Brown

MaaS

Reaction score
Ha Ha Clinton Dix was total garbage last year (watch some Amari Cooper highlights vs. the Commanders for some details). And Brown is a higher paid, less motivated version of Antwuan Woods.

Teams just can't sign players just to say "look who we got" if they don't fit the scheme or aren't any better than what they have. The Cowboys being silent in free agency stinks, but the safety they need is not Ha Ha.

That's fair. He struggled with Washington, but switching teams mid season is a tough task at safety. In Green Bay, he made some mistakes, but all around was a solid player who generates turnovers. He's better than Heath and the price was reasonable.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
On a serious note. They are on a family vacation right now. They missed all of week one FA last season too. It's part of the "process"

giphy.gif

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
That's fair. He struggled with Washington, but switching teams mid season is a tough task at safety. In Green Bay, he made some mistakes, but all around was a solid player who generates turnovers. He's better than Heath and the price was reasonable.

Fair enough. But to call a safety "better than Heath" is a low standard. I hate to keep piling on Heath, but he was actually a solid player up until last year. He led all NFL safeties in missed tackles.

There's some decent veteran options still out there the Cowboys can pick up and at least give Heath some competition. And they probably wouldn't cost as much as Clinton-Dix.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Watch Dallas make a play for the guy the Saints are getting Brown to replace. They liked Tyeler Davison coming out of the draft. Nick Hayden-ish type that Marinelli probably loves.
Although, I think davison would be a good addition, I'll be so glad when I don't have to hear the name marinelli or the words "quick twitch" ever again

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I wanted Malcolm Brown over Byron Jones in the draft. I've wanted him since. 5M/YR for Brown is a refreshingly fair price tag.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Fair enough. But to call a safety "better than Heath" is a low standard. I hate to keep piling on Heath, but he was actually a solid player up until last year. He led all NFL safeties in missed tackles.

There's some decent veteran options still out there the Cowboys can pick up and at least give Heath some competition. And they probably wouldn't cost as much as Clinton-Dix.

Ha Ha was ranked as the 17th best safety last year - Heath was ranked 81st. Heath had 19 missed tackles, Ha ha had 8.

There is quite a bit of difference. Ha Ha didn't have a good year, he had a decent season - we could use a decent safety.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Wonder how long until the front office comes to the realization you cant make chicken salad out of chicken{you know what}.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It literally wouldn't matter what the staff/FO does. Fans would cry.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not a match...Marinelli likes them quick and lean. No fattys need apply.

When will this franchise stop being held hostage by Marinelli? I was hoping he was getting jettisoned this offseason. But alas, here we go again.

Sydla

Reaction score
The egirls player from last year Tim J. is still free and would be very helpful on this line. What I seen so far is Rod has to get the ---- out of here and very soon.

Back issue. A big reason the Eagles simply moved on from him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All these other guys have possible down sides. We got Covington for so cheap it's all upside. No one expects much so even if he is a complete bust it's a win for Stephen's cheap pockets.