Twitter: Salary Cap carryover for 2021

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Feb 19, 2021.

1. LittleD

LittleD Well-Known Member

6,560 Messages
    4,897 Likes Received
    Right...Keep on dreaming or maybe smoking!!! Been 25 years and nothing Jerry has tried to fix he has.

2. Shake_Tiller

Shake_Tiller Well-Known Member

1,367 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    Clubs can designate up to two players as post June 1 cuts and realize the cap savings at the beginning of the league year. If they were to designate Jaylon, the $7mm savings would be available at the beginning of free agency. If course, there would still be dead money deferred to next league year.

3. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

13,822 Messages
    9,012 Likes Received
    and other teams seem to have not done this! only jags, browns and cowboys.

4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

82,186 Messages
    60,139 Likes Received
    I'd love to hear that explanation.

5. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

23,864 Messages
    21,955 Likes Received
    Well you’re a simple minded mouth breather. Let’s start the education, 1+1=2 , 2+2=4 now what does 3+3 = ?

6. LittleD

6,560 Messages
    4,897 Likes Received
    Hey, you made it to kindergarden. Keep working at it.

7. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

6,952 Messages
    4,183 Likes Received
    What was the Cowboys rating? 23rd overall, 23rd in pts allowed per game, 31st in rush yards per game. 11tth in pass yards per game, but who needs to pass on the Cowboys when they can run the ball so easily?

Just by sheer numbers, at 23rd that means there are only 9 teams that were worse, lots more room to move up...

8. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

24,279 Messages
    20,842 Likes Received
    That's a valid point that I don't think many appreciate. The defense is much easier to turn around.

Rockport likes this.
  9. heir

heir Active Member

285 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Good point on when the deals were done but it still proves that they COULD have been done earlier if the front office wanted to. They. Could always make cap space to sign whoever they want. The idea that they have pushed out that they don't have the space is not true. Now I don't advocate for spending huge amounts of money on multiple free agents every offseason but they need to supplement their roster with one or two top Free agents from time to time and they have the ability to do so.

10. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

45,662 Messages
    68,032 Likes Received
    I don't believe that's accurate. The June 1 designation doesn't create cap space until June 1.

cheyennes and Creeper like this.
  11. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

32,838 Messages
    21,539 Likes Received
    Oh yah, and getting rid of dak will make us good real fast. :muttley:

12. CowboyRoy

32,838 Messages
    21,539 Likes Received
    In a year we dump jaylon and zeke. There’s 27 million in cap space. Plenty.

13. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

5,653 Messages
    5,295 Likes Received
    Proud company at those numbers. Executive of the year numbers if you ask me.

14. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

11,736 Messages
    6,875 Likes Received
    So looks like the worst teams in the league had the most carryover for the most part...

15. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,913 Messages
    4,972 Likes Received
    Yes this could be done with better coaching and hitting on a majority of draft picks. I don't have much faith in Hill but Gallimore could come on next year and if we hit on 2 or 3 serviceable defensive lineman then we will see improvement.

It's asking a lot from our scouts and drafting but it can be done. I also think Quinn will be better here than at Atlanta. JMO but I think he'll perform better here. And there's no way he could be as bad as Nolan.

Rockport likes this.
  16. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

6,311 Messages
    2,416 Likes Received
    Improve ? WIth what money ?

You'll have around 5 mils after you signed Dak. Minus the new rookies you'll have to sign that leaves you with around 2-3 mils.

Look at the list of 25 free agents we have. You have to fill in those wholes first before starting to improve. You dont even have a full roster and you are at the cap limit already.

17. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

23,864 Messages
    21,955 Likes Received
    Hill was supposedly doing really well before his injury so theres still a chance with him.

18. LittleD

6,560 Messages
    4,897 Likes Received
    You only get to the dance with a young QB on a 1st contract or an old, aging QB willing to play for less. You can't build a great team by paying out half your cap to one player. Duh!

19. CowboyRoy

32,838 Messages
    21,539 Likes Received
    Says who? You?

Brady was paid 30 million this year. And you think 5 million extra won them the Super Bowl? Lol

Dak was paid 1 million a year for 4 years. Why didn’t we win a sb?

your laughable theory has holes.

20. garyv

garyv Well-Known Member

3,510 Messages
    1,316 Likes Received
    They need to get him signed where they can backload it some and probably only have 25 mil on the books for 2021 season. I wish they would just get it done.

Loso86 likes this.