Salary Cap space - Updated

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I guess you can ask what can you do with the $10.3M left in cap space?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Potential Cap Savings- remember this just a MENU of options, not suggestions

Restructures
TSmith............7.5m
ZMartin...........7.5m
TFred...............4m
TCrawford........4m

Cuts/Trades
DLawrence......20.m
SLee................7m
TCrawford........6m
AHurns.............5m
Witten...............2m
TWill.................2.25m
JHeath..............2m
JThomas...........2m
CJones.............800k

Extension

DLawrence..........10m
ACooper..............7m
Zeke...................(2 years left)
BJones................0m
Dak..................would add at least 6m to his 1.7m cap hit

I don't see any of the cut/trade candidates listed as happening. Possibly Tank but that's less than 50% probability. Hurns?

Rayman70

Reaction score
what IF we trade Crawford during the draft? Doesn't he look expendable somewhat? We really need to draft more top flight dlinemen. This draft offers a multitude of guys that are frankly, just as good as Crawford or better...and CHEAPER. I know some aren't high as I am on Willis, but Gerald Willis IS the answer inside and can be moved around if need be. He is a big strong fat boy with freakish interior speed moves. If he can be consistent, we may get something at 58..I would be just fine with him in round 2..HOWEVER, safety should be the first goal. I don't care which order we draft them in,as long as they are the right fits.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I really think the front office is seeing what all of us are...which is this draft is stocked with quality and quanity players at the edge,DL,TE, AND SAFETY. Look at the positions and players we have invited to the star. I truly think changes are comin on D in a big way. DLaw better come to his senses fast and sign.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
How much more can they create with restructures? And you've got Lawrence plugged in at 20.3M?
Restructures
TSmith............7.5m
ZMartin...........7.5m
TFred...............4m
TCrawford........4m

and yes DLaw counts as 20.5m right now......any extension would probably cut that in half

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So if we sign Tank and do any other likely extensions all our draft picks, how much money do we have left to sign, say, a Gerald McCoy?
If we restructured TSmith and ZMartin-15m and extended DLaw and ACooper-17m we would have 42m in Cap Space

More than enough to sign McCoy or Suh and trade for a FS and roll over 20m to next year

Little Jr

Reaction score
Why does espn have it at 7m and OTC and the nflpa have it at 6m?

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
If we restructured TSmith and ZMartin-15m and extended DLaw and ACooper-17m we would have 42m in Cap Space

More than enough to sign McCoy or Suh and trade for a FS and roll over 20m to next year

If we do this now, we can’t do it in the future. They should be careful about who they restructure and when.

I’m not accusing you of this - I know you’re a cap guy. But there seems to be a notion that the cap is imaginary, that they can just keep turning salary into bonus without a cost. That’s not accurate. Right?