1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Twitter: Sam Williams training with Tank

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CalPolyTechnique, May 18, 2022.

1. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

33,497 Messages
    60,255 Likes Received
    Strategy is for people who don't punch hard enough.
    Get that down and then punch hard enough...
    You got something going.

xwalker and CWR like this.
  2. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

32,745 Messages
    14,012 Likes Received
    I pine for the days when players were coached and guided by --- sounds ridiculous these days --- coaches.

Some players appropriate the title of wise elder statesmen and "mentors" when in fact they might be passing on the same mistakes the veteran is making.

Unless you are HOF material, let the coaches coach and let the players evolve as most rooks are allowed.

3. Corso

33,497 Messages
    60,255 Likes Received
    Why you gots to be supah cray, girl?!

CWR likes this.
  4. GimmeTheBall!

32,745 Messages
    14,012 Likes Received
    That might be the most clever thing I have ever heard on a May Wednesday night re "mentor."

Mods, be sure to extra archive this.

5. black label

black label Well-Known Member

5,255 Messages
    7,632 Likes Received
    junk tards try bra

6. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

23,939 Messages
    12,685 Likes Received
    Why is Tank ruining Williams....keep him away

Seven likes this.
  7. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

9,265 Messages
    10,093 Likes Received
    A move that the Jones will not get credit for. Signing Tank to a 30 million 3 year contract was genius. That is 10 million a year for a good defensive end. Gregory could not carry Tank’s pads.

Nickyd2208 likes this.
  8. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan

42,625 Messages
    18,367 Likes Received
    Good on Tank
    Though I would rather see him training with Micah ..... Those two are gonna be the terrible twins for opposing QB's

Bullflop likes this.
  9. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

12,146 Messages
    11,843 Likes Received
    Micah trains in his sleep.

zrinkill likes this.
  10. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

24,341 Messages
    20,863 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

quickccc likes this.
  11. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

34,262 Messages
    83,226 Likes Received
    Who do you have in mind?! :lmao2:

john van brocklin likes this.
  12. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

24,467 Messages
    24,555 Likes Received
    :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

13. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Well-Known Member

1,156 Messages
    833 Likes Received
    Looks like he's a Bust' in up that dummy HAHAHAHA you see what i did there. Dad jokes are awesome.

14. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

30,717 Messages
    25,532 Likes Received
    It looked to me like Lawrence was showing him where to punch to gain control of the blocker so you can make a move off of the contact. Williams was punching essentially with one hand (or both) more in the middle of the sled, which makes it harder to keep an OL's long arms off you because he'll just reach out and lock onto your shoulder pads. Lawrence was punching almost in the armpits with both hands. That keeps the blocker from locking on as easily, creates leverage and allows the DE to rip and slide either way, which is helpful on the pass rush but especially helpful against the run where the OL is going to use his big paw when you punch him to try to slap you in the direction he wants you to go.

A simple power punch to the chest works well in college when you are facing a lot of inferior OL. In the pros, every move has to set up the next move. Speed will help Williams get away with some things, but smart hand placement/technique coupled with that speed could turn him into a productive player.

xwalker and Bullflop like this.
  15. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

19,277 Messages
    9,865 Likes Received
    Micah trains Chuck Norris........

JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  16. CWR

CWR Well-Known Member

18,556 Messages
    27,103 Likes Received
    You don't think Tank is simply passing on what he has already been coached to do? You don't believe the coaches are aware and watching them practice? Vet leadership is a good thing, and unless you know specifics about anyone teaching poor technique, I'd agree with @Corso, you super cray girl.

17. GimmeTheBall!

32,745 Messages
    14,012 Likes Received
    I see that someone is butt hurt that her fantasy of a grizzled vet mentoring a prospect in a Coca-Cola commercial is questioned.
    You, as you put on your curlers and lipstick to face the day need to face the fact that a newly minted rook listens and learns from a coach in place. Then, after he learns the basics of The Cowboys way and strategy, yeah, take some tips from a vet. But not the one the rook is about to replace.:laugh:

Honestly, harbor girl, your dreamy view of grizzled vets caressing rooks is great in cola and beer ads but not in real life.
    If you don't see tha, Lucy, then stick to your coca-cola commercial fantasies.
    :)

Holla back girl

18. CWR

CWR Well-Known Member

18,556 Messages
    27,103 Likes Received
    Just like I thought. You have no specific examples. You have probably never played ball, or been around a locker room, or have any idea how valuable a vet mentor can be.

Just spouting off nonsense like you always do. Lol ok, go back to pretending you know what you're talking about and reply with your fake accent.

Corso likes this.
  19. Corso

33,497 Messages
    60,255 Likes Received
    Hey! I like @GimmeTheBall! accent!

CWR likes this.
  20. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

39,739 Messages
    9,951 Likes Received
    Yeah, I picked up on that, too. Probably lets the helmet fit a bit better without all those dreds.

Bullflop likes this.