Same offensive line as last year

wick

Reaction score
The difference this year is that Romo isn't keeping plays alive by moving around in the pocket or scrambling out of it. He's a stationary target far more than last year, and it gives defenses an advantage because they can pin their ears back and attack where they know he'll be instead of worrying about containment. Now that Romo has decided to copy Tom Brady, we're seeing the offensive line look like it did two years ago with Drew Bledsoe under center. In my opinion, this is the single biggest problem we have right now. Romo simply must buy time to allow the big plays to develop down the field. If he isn't doing that, we are not nearly as explosive as we need to be.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
wick;2331805 said:
The difference this year is that Romo isn't keeping plays alive by moving around in the pocket or scrambling out of it. He's a stationary target far more than last year, and it gives defenses an advantage because they can pin their ears back and attack where they know he'll be instead of worrying about containment. Now that Romo has decided to copy Tom Brady, we're seeing the offensive line look like it did two years ago with Drew Bledsoe under center. In my opinion, this is the single biggest problem we have right now. Romo simply must buy time to allow the big plays to develop down the field. If he isn't doing that, we are not nearly as explosive as we need to be.

This is true.

CrazyCowboy;2331816 said:
ROMO is not doing anything wrong......

Do you think before you post?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
It is?

I thought Kosier was our LG in 2007 and Proctor was on the bench.

thekavorka

Reaction score
this looked like the same OL from the 4th quarter against the giants

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Dont fool yourself either, there were times when our 5 linemen couldnt block a 3 man rush.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
wick;2331805 said:
I think that we are not getting TO open. If we can be more creative and get him started all will be good. Except the D but thats another story.

wick

Reaction score
Do you not remember the multitude of times last season when Romo would make a Houdini escape from a sack and make a huge play down the field? The first part only happened because somebody missed their block, necessitating the scramble. Now that Romo has decided he's better off not doing that as much, we are having trouble throwing the ball down the field. I don't have any numbers, but I'd guess our number of big plays on throws down the field are way, way down from last season. I'm not talking about plays like Barber's where he took a short pass and made 70 yards out of it. I'm talking about vertical passing, which has become largely non-existent this season. I believe it's because Romo is not buying the time in the pocket that it takes for that to develop and for the coverage to break down.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;2331840 said:
It is?

I thought Kosier was our LG in 2007 and Proctor was on the bench.

I think the OP meant what was said below.

thekavorka;2331852 said:
this looked like the same OL from the 4th quarter against the giants

They did. The penetration was consistent.

kevin11

Reaction score
This is the first game in where the cowboys got pressured. Your overreacting. Your O-line is one of the best at pass blocking. Now, your run blocking O-line is overrated.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
wick;2331935 said:
Do you not remember the multitude of times last season when Romo would make a Houdini escape from a sack and make a huge play down the field? The first part only happened because somebody missed their block, necessitating the scramble. Now that Romo has decided he's better off not doing that as much, we are having trouble throwing the ball down the field. I don't have any numbers, but I'd guess our number of big plays on throws down the field are way, way down from last season. I'm not talking about plays like Barber's where he took a short pass and made 70 yards out of it. I'm talking about vertical passing, which has become largely non-existent this season. I believe it's because Romo is not buying the time in the pocket that it takes for that to develop and for the coverage to break down.
This is true. However, there's no excuse for what our O-line did today.