Same old defense. Same team-coach ineptness

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by IceStarD54, Sep 10, 2021.

1. IceStarD54

IceStarD54 Well-Known Member

3,489 Messages
    3,506 Likes Received
    Defense responsibility. Defend the field. We only needed one sack to end the game the last 90 seconds. Same as Dak taking the offense down for the potential winning field goal. Offense responsibility score. They did their part......Defense didn't per as usual....

2. LovinItAll

LovinItAll Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    1,097 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received

Diggs was a shut down corner last night. They don’t grow on trees.

3. Wizarus

Wizarus Well-Known Member

810 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    Except they didnt do their part. Brady is the goat QB, of course he's going to get his points in. Im not upset about losing 31 to him. After 4 turnovers I'm upset about not having at least 32 against him.

4. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

2,957 Messages
    2,153 Likes Received
    Oh my, coming from the mouth of a guy that thinks a billionaire Hall of famer is an idiot. lol

5. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

42,180 Messages
    28,005 Likes Received
    Just the opposite actually. Did see the same old kicking problems and penalties killing late drives. Did see the same old missed interference calls.

6. Eanwen

Eanwen Well-Known Member

1,217 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    With just one game into the season I'd say the defense is missing a pass rusher and corner. Forced a lot of turnovers. On offense they need to figure out the running game and in a hurry.

7. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

58,705 Messages
    22,872 Likes Received
    I said this in another thread but I'll say it again. We lose focus on the tiniest of things when under 2 minutes. There should never have been a holding penalty, not at that point in the game. Roll Dak out at any sign of pressure or play max protection. Be aggressive, and that was the first time we became laxed during the game coaching wise, was the 2-minutes drill. All game long, MM was super aggressive and the time to go for the jugular, he whimpered.

So right now, we can do two things. We can lick our wounds and whimper into obscurity, or we can man up, chest up, put on our fighting gloves and go knock some ****** ******s out.

8. iRepDatStar

iRepDatStar Well-Known Member

438 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Same ol defense lmao.. wth do you guys be smoking.. 2 ints.. 2 fumbles.. against that talented offense

Eanwen likes this.
  9. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

58,705 Messages
    22,872 Likes Received
    We need to learn how to win. I don't like this moral victory crap personally, I want wins, VICTORIES. We should not be rebuilding right now, Jerry has to get some FA in here with experience. RIGHT NOW

10. ThemDangMartians

ThemDangMartians Well-Known Member

3,102 Messages
    7,496 Likes Received
    Same old defense. Same team-coach ineptness

???....Tampa didn't run 200 yards on Dallas!....and did you really expect Dallas's Defense to Stop Brady and a elite receiving core from scoring? ...especially in their first game?...In Tampa Bay to add?...
    ‘C’mon man...

11. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    2,093 Messages
    1,999 Likes Received

Buh Bye

12. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

7,959 Messages
    5,269 Likes Received
    Not sure......but wouldn't the other team always ensure coverage is rolled to Tank's side.....after all.....he is the best of the worse on the DL.......so someone should be getting all the crumbs left, but it ain't happening. As for KMoore....I don't get the genius and phenomenal claims at all. Not sure how the players can recognize situations, if the coaches don't.

13. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

12,478 Messages
    10,620 Likes Received
    People will be in for a surprise if we continue to give QBs a year and a day in the pocket. It's not just because it was Brady. Give Fitzpatrick all day in the pocket and they'll put up 30 on us too.

14. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

7,376 Messages
    10,775 Likes Received
    Randy Gregory needs to start playing like the best pass rusher in his draft. We need our DTs to CONSISTENTLY move the QB off his spot. They didn't do that and the cover guys paid the price.

15. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

12,478 Messages
    10,620 Likes Received
    Can't agree more. The one good thing about this, is that it's only week 1. That's probably not the team we're going to see in week 5. Could be worse, could be better. I'm crossing my fingers.

Techsass likes this.
  16. Techsass

Techsass Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    3,781 Messages
    5,110 Likes Received
    I'll need a few weeks to see how great/average Tampa's O is before I can fairly judge our D. Overall they looked pretty good. Granted the AB/AB matchup looked bad, but Antonio has an elite WR career history.

17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

13,397 Messages
    9,969 Likes Received
    This is just one of several similarities with Garrett and MM. Both of them goes for FGs instead of TDs. Actually there is too many similarities between the two coaches to think that MM is an upgrade.

Captain-Crash and zrinkill like this.
  18. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan

41,105 Messages
    15,327 Likes Received
    Which makes me think these kinda dumb decisions are coming from the highest and only true authority on this team.

jnday likes this.
  19. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

13,397 Messages
    9,969 Likes Received
    I disagree. The game should have never come down to a missed call by a ref. Missed field goals, not taking full advantage of turnovers, etc. There is a long list of reasons why Dallas lost the game.

20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

13,397 Messages
    9,969 Likes Received
    LMAO. Good point. Their approach to team building has consistently been a massive failure year after year. You don’t see winning organizations dumpster diving for defensive FAs. I understand the gambling on some players to return to their former level of play after injuries or after one bad season. I understand that gambling on these type of players can pay off every blue moon, but the Cowboys use this gambling as their approach to team building. One out of ten may have a good season , but 90% are failures and the results from this approach is the failures you see on the field every year.

Captain-Crash likes this.