Samsung announces folding phone with 5G at nearly $2,000

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The new folding phone is gimmicky in its current form. Hopefully, future iterations by Samsung or other companies will yield better concepts.

The other new phones were really underwhelming in my opinion. The new camera holes are worse than the header bar on their previous phones and even the horrible notch on many other phones like the iPhone X. They are also very distracting when watching full screen videos or viewing full screen images.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The new folding phone is gimmicky in its current form. Hopefully, future iterations by Samsung or other companies will yield better concepts.

The other new phones were really underwhelming in my opinion. The new camera holes are worse than the header bar on their previous phones and even the horrible notch on many other phones like the iPhone X. They are also very distracting when watching full screen videos or viewing full screen images.
"Holes"?...."Notch"? I have a Motorola G5, and I like it a lot, especially for $220.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Holes"?...."Notch"? I have a Motorola G5, and I like it a lot, especially for $220.
The new camera holes on the S10s ..

AndroidPIT-samsung-galaxy-s10-plus-front-camera-detail-g3gt-w782.jpg

The "notch" on the iPhone X ..

iphoneXnotifications.jpg

The "notch" on other phones ..

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8oZw0bC0fknnUnXWGZnjX1IHhG8IQ8yBcwS45O_iBuTCWXvMu

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I COPIED ON "5G" and the thought of it's touted CGI sky projection capabilities ,to instill the fear/ conformity factor amongst the panicked masses& oddly dismissed that thought and interjected the thought more pleasant one,being one of a set of big torpedo pointed nubile hooters slapping both sides of my face in an intermediately timed rapid fire manner, with laughing & good timing giggling involved,,,o_O

*yeppers:thumbup:*

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I like the folding concept. Seems like a slick phone. You're walking around with a phone and a tablet all in one.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you mean by that?
I like the idea of a folding phone and have been waiting on it for years since the first bendable OLED screens appeared. I knew the first concept would have to start somewhere, but I was hoping it would be a little more polished and modern. The Samsung Fold looks a bit bulky and clunky while looking less modern and more retro in style.

I think it would have been better to simply present it as a "concept phone" that would not be released right now and instead be used as a foundation of things to come in the future. By releasing it now in a less impressive implementation they are simply setting themselves up to be overshadowed by other phone makers who are widely known to be working on their own folding phone implementations.

It would be different if no other company was working on their on folding phones, but several are and it is likely that at least one or two of them will look a lot more polished and modern than the Samsung Fold.

As I said though, I like the concept of a folding phone and I think it has to start somewhere. I was just hoping for something a little better as the first implementation. Regardless though, I am looking forward to the folding phones that Samsung and other phone makers offer in the future.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Looks like a cool phone, but it seems pretty thick when closed, and I don't know how long it'll keep opening seamlessly. Seems like the moving parts would eventually wear.

I would wait until version 2 comes out, first I'd want to see the reviews from people who bought one. I am in no way paying that much for a phone.

lukin2006

Reaction score

I had a failing iPhone 6, so I had to get a new phone sooner than later, my cell phone provider waived my device balance from my iPhone 6 and replaced it with an iPhone X (that was absolutely the best deal available)...essentially a new phone, a better plan for just a little more than I was paying. Now I am guessing, but I think they are just trying to get them out of the warehouse...she said they had lots. But I am impressed over-all...best iPhone I have ever owned and gone with an otter box case that solves the cameras problems. Most impressive is the face recognization to unlock the phone is amazingly reliable for unlocking the phone, my 6, I usually had to do my fingerprint at least a few times a year.

I certainly would never pay a grand for the phone, but the deal my provider gave me was too good to say no. Unfortunately, it takes about 2 days and many hours on the phone with customer retention to get a deal like that...but I was patient (not easy for me :laugh:)...

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The original Star Trek TV show had a folding tri-corder in the late 60's. Not impressed

Maybe I am biased because I bought a new Google Pixel yesterday and don't want to admit that I may have missed the next big thing.