San Fran is still the best team in the NFC

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In my mind. That is the team that is built to beat us. Especially with mccaffrey. They can run and stop the run. Playmakers on offense. Pass rushers to make you uncomfortable.
Yea, they could be team to beat in NFC.

Assuming we get the 5th seed , I still don’t like idea of possibly going to Tampa who could be 4th seed . Hate to go up against Brady in any situation when season on the line.

But SF and Brady are two teams I’d be most concerned about in playoffs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In my mind. That is the team that is built to beat us. Especially with mccaffrey. They can run and stop the run. Playmakers on offense. Pass rushers to make you uncomfortable.
Love fans saying this and so does Parsons.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

So they beat up a struggling Cardinals team that was playing with their backup QB. Yes they have Christian McCaffrey. But we are a lot more physical than we were last year. Our defense is also much better this year than last year.

We can beat them if we stop the run and they can't stop our running game.

offlimits

Reaction score
Good news is it's looking likely that Dallas gets either the 1 or 5 seed. That could change with a loss on Thursday, I like the Cowboys odds this week. If that is the case the odds of even playing SF prior to the NFCC game is pretty slim.

Also SF still plays Washington, Miami, Tampa, and Seattle. I doubt they lose all of them, but they do have one of the tougher schedules to end the year. With 4 losses already it's not even a given that they make the playoffs.

A lot needs to happen for the Cowboys to even run into the 49ers, and if it does it means this Cowboys team is on a roll.

SF is 6-4 with what has turned out to be a pretty easy schedule. Those big wins against LA that got everyones attention don't seem that significant anymore. Not saying they aren't a challenge, but the team that has lost to Chicago, Atlanta and Denver doesnt exactly strike fear in me the way it seems to in others.

Thursday, a divisional game played at home, is a must-win.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
They aren’t as good on the O line either. They will likely win the division since it’s pretty bad this year but they can be had. They are like us last season.
This.....they've lost a few key players on that line since last year.....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes, they have weapons but so do we. We have more depth and an overall better team. Plus, the 49ers don't even have a better record than us or several other NFC teams, so how can they be the best team in the NFC?

:facepalm:

plasticman

Reaction score
I wouldn't underestimate the Cowboys resolve in the next 49er game. There is a very high probability they will meet in the playoffs, perhaps even the NFC championship game (knock on wood).

The Cowboys team last season didn't comprehend the level of intensity they would encounter against the 49ers in the playoffs. I think they now understand what is meant by increasing that level of intensity for the playoffs. Next time the Cowboys will know that it's going to be a brawl.

I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this defense. I never expected to see Clark and I know he's a rookie but he's going to get better each game. The same can be said for Sam Williams. I believe they will improve against the run little by little each game and possibly peak ay just the right time.

The defenses of the early Cowboys earned their nickname in the playoffs, Doomsday. The definition is a force so destructive that it is capable of causing the last day of the world's existence.

Those defenses in the late sixties to the early eighties did some mighty destructive things to their opponent's offenses.

However, there is one thing they didn't do. In fact, there is one thing no Cowboys defense has ever done in their history. This is regardless of the fact that the Cowboys coaches were some of the greatest defensive minds in the NFL, Tom Landry, Bil Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Ernie Stautner, etc. None of the Cowboys defenses coached by these guys ever did it.

They never ended a season as the #1 ranked team in points allowed.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No doubt, the 49ers would be favored over us, but that doesn't mean they'd win. On one of our better days, we can beat 'em.:thumbup:

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just make sure the championship game is played in our house.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'm not afraid of any team. When Dallas plays their best they can go up against anybody.

The coaches need to have a better gameplan and the players need to execute, it's really simple

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, they have weapons but so do we. We have more depth and an overall better team. Plus, the 49ers don't even have a better record than us or several other NFC teams, so how can they be the best team in the NFC?

:facepalm:
They didn't have a better record than us last year either and they kicked our teeth in in the WC game. They just match up well against us. We have a great run game and they are the best in the league vs the run. They have a great run game and we are pretty bad against the run. Looked better this week but still nothing proving we have fixed anything. Still gave up 6.5 ypc. If we face SF I'd be shocked if they throw it 20 times in a close game when they have 3 guys that can run it. So it will come down to the passing game for us to get the job done. Last year they shut that down. Hopefully it will be different this time around if we meet them.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yea, they could be team to beat in NFC.

Assuming we get the 5th seed , I still don’t like idea of possibly going to Tampa who could be 4th seed . Hate to go up against Brady in any situation when season on the line.

But SF and Brady are two teams I’d be most concerned about in playoffs.
I'd rather face Brady honestly. That offense is nowhere near what it was last 2 years and they've struggled running the ball. I like the idea of our pass rush against immobile qbs and poor run games...

pitt33

Reaction score
I’m telling you right now. If we play San Francisco in the playoffs we’re getting our butts handed. That team is way to physical. How do you stop their run game? No way, Shanahan would game plan us out the field.

give me anyone but them..
Dallas would have to win the turnover battle and get short fields.

And if Dallas can go into Tennessee and beat the Titans next month that will go a long ways in giving Dallas confidence going into the playoffs. The Titans are one tough, physical team.

Last edited:

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Good lord people. I saw them lose in person to the mighty Denver Broncos 11-10. :laugh: