Sanjay Lal helped Tavon Austin have his best training camp ever

waving monkey

Reaction score
It’s not hard to find a Dallas Cowboys wide receiver raving about Sanjay Lal.

Lal has come in and immediately made a gigantic impact. If you don’t believe me just know that Terrance Williams has been balling out and catching with his hands through Lal’s first training camp with the Cowboys. Yes, that’s right.

Williams isn’t the only receiver who’s seemingly been re-made under Lal’s tutelage. Buffalo Bills castoff Deonte Thompson has had a great camp (when he was healthy enough to participate), Allen Hurns is playing well, and former Los Angeles Rams utility weapon Tavon Austin has been one of the bigger storylines to emerge from Oxnard.

Everything said about Austin pre-Oxnard tended to involve what position the team website listed him under. These days he’s making play after play, inspiring Cowboys fans everywhere to believe he’s going to have an enormous impact on the offense this season.

Austin recently went on record and not only said that he felt this was his best training camp of his career, but that he felt that way specifically for one reason... Sanjay Lal.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...tavon-austin-have-his-best-training-camp-ever

gmoney112

Reaction score
Pic in article of Sanjay is not only my face when I see hype articles like this, but exactly how I'd picture him to react to them too.

Reactions: G2

gmoney112

Reaction score
That being said, the WRs have looked good, and the "running through" the catch with Dak deep balls HAS been a result of coaching.

giphy.gif

Jipper

Reaction score
Anyone still think the Cowboys will miss Dez?

It sounds like Lal has helped ALL the WR's this year.

I think it would be amiss to say we won't miss dez in some capacity. I was all for moving on from him but if his salary had matched his value I as would many would have liked to seen us keep him.

His skills have declined but he was certainly one of the best wrs on the roster...his problem was value

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Things Lal worked with WR on early in camp, running routs without balls being thrown to focus solely on rout running, I think was a smart move, working with guys on ways to get better release off the line vs man coverage and even having them carry weight with fingers to strengthen their grip was good ideal. Guys are starting to click with Dak from what recent reports have shown. However big test can you bring it all into the reg. season? I'm excited to see if they can

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If TW becomes a true WR1 this season, than Lal should be awarded best assistant coach of the year award, if there is such a thing.