Sanjay Lal helped Tavon Austin have his best training camp ever

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What else do you expect them to say when asked about Sanjays impact?

They see what happens when you don’t ball ride a coach....speak anything but praise and you end up working out for the Cleveland Browns.

While it's true they aren't going to talk bad about him to the press, they don't necessarily have to say glowing things either, and it appears it isn't just one or two of the receivers, but pretty much all of them. At the end of the day, people just need to understand that words only mean so much, and the proof will have to play out on the field.

Sepia

Reaction score
Who ever hyped Dooley?

If Tavon, Cole, TWill and others are giving him credit, I think Sanjay must be doing something right. We’ll see once the season progresses.

cern

Reaction score
some thought garrett was a good hc. some still do. fait accompli rules in the end. reeled in a 120# halibut yesterday. rare this late in the season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
some thought garrett was a good hc. some still do. fait accompli rules in the end. reeled in a 120# halibut yesterday. rare this late in the season.

I guess you made the fishing comment just for the halibut? But I'm not one to carp about anything. I usually just flounder through life, sitting on my bass on my usual perch in front of the TV.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Things Lal worked with WR on early in camp, running routs without balls being thrown to focus solely on rout running, I think was a smart move, working with guys on ways to get better release off the line vs man coverage and even having them carry weight with fingers to strengthen their grip was good ideal. Guys are starting to click with Dak from what recent reports have shown. However big test can you bring it all into the reg. season? I'm excited to see if they can
I hope it will translate to the WR corps balling out so that many of the naysayers can find something else to naysay about.

cern

Reaction score
I guess you made the fishing comment just for the halibut? But I'm not one to carp about anything. I usually just flounder through life, sitting on my bass on my usual perch in front of the TV.
coho run's been good, too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope it will translate to the WR corps balling out so that many of the naysayers can find something else to naysay about.

Ultimately it will fall to the players to go out run the routes and make the catches and for Dak to make the throws.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Well done sir.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
H-m-m . . . Sanjay does seem to be getting lotsa kudos from the players lately. He must be doing something right!

this is clearly my opinion and nothing else.

I think Sanjay and Richard are working from the ground up, they are trying to lay down new foundations and culture of how the players should react and learn to become better players. I feel both have set a tone of "I dont care what you have done, i dont care of your talent, i dont care what you think you can do, in this position you learn what to do and do it well"

I personally feel the first steps they took was to say "we learn the fundamentals and we master them"

So far the changes are minute, but will make a difference.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Ultimately it will fall to the players to go out run the routes and make the catches and for Dak to make the throws.

For real. Because you know if this doesn't translate to success through the air, it'll be a mix of blame on Dak and/or receivers. Mostly on Dak though. Just how it is.

September can't get here fast enough.

Proof

Reaction score
Did I read. Seat the other day saying Cole only has one game >50 yds in his last 21?

Hope Sanjay can assist with that

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For real. Because you know if this doesn't translate to success through the air, it'll be a mix of blame on Dak and/or receivers. Mostly on Dak though. Just how it is.

September can't get here fast enough.

True, Dak as the QB he will take more heat it comes with the job. He has to make sure he is communicating with his WR to make sure they are on the same page with him and of course take care of his own responsibility of making the correct reads, adjusting of routes or plays as he see the alignments the defense is showing and making good throws.

DiResta

Reaction score
it was a good interview, Tavon seems excited and this is the 3rd (?) receiver to say they didnt know how to properly run a route
if they can make use of Tavon its going to really help Zeke
in 2016 Sproles was a big part of Wentz' game, that let him get the ball out quick (dink & dunk :D )
i wouldnt mind some RAC outside and underneath stuff with Tavon & Beas to slow down the pass rush and set up the deep ball
just keep it unpredictable and let Zeke eat

Carl23

Reaction score
Didn't they say the same about Williams last year? He reverted back to what he knew best when the pressure was on.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Every player every year says that they've had their best camp.

What are the odds that Tavon Austin in year six is about to have a break out year?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
We built an entire passing offense around Dez. Dez can't run routes and he wasn't smart enough to play out his assignments. Worst was he always wanted the ball and couldn't produce. Dez was absolutely bad for Dak and his growth as a QB. Thus Im happy that got rid of Dez.

Its refreshing to see that were taking new look with our passing game. No need for a number 1 receiver. We now more focused on route running and being able to stretch the field. We couldn't do that with Dez.