Twitter: Sanjay Lal on Cooper: “He’s not elite yet”

ghst187

Reaction score
I vote to ban the word “elite” from the board discussions....

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Sanjay shortly after he made this statement
giphy.gif

DCBlueStar

Reaction score
He drops too many passes, has been quiet on the road and occasionally runs lazy routes. Don't think there's anything wrong with what Lal said. But I'd like to see Lal get our other WRs up to even 60% of what Amari is.

However, even with all the mistakes, Amari has been a beast. Here's the Yards and TDs leaders since he joined the Cowboys. This list only includes (active?) players who've played both last year and this year, which is why Antonio Brown is missing.

EHh1GQ-W4AAM-XP

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The butt hurt reactions to what Sanjay said are cracking me up. He said nothing negative, and he certainly didn't say it to anyone here. :muttley:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I appreciate Lal trying to keep Cooper motivated and from letting the press go to his head. I don't think these are problems for Coop though.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
He’s a weird wr bc he’s not exactly electric to watch, doesn’t have much personality, he’s just basically a 9/10 on every aspect of the position.

John813

Reaction score
Some must think only we are allowed to criticize. I like what Lal did. Well done for him.

Yup. Remember the Michael thomas extension talk?

On here most where saying Cooper wasn't near Thomas and some had him outside of their top 10 rankings.

But, god forbid a coach doesn't call him elite!

Guess now people are ok paying him elite money now?

starfan1

Reaction score
Not top 5

I suppose one could argue that hes top 10 I'm ok with it. If you look at stats hes in top 5 in several categories for receivers. He is truly one of the top route runners in the league. I don't like the drops and that specifically makes his grades lower.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yup. Remember the Michael thomas extension talk?

On here most where saying Cooper wasn't near Thomas and some had him outside of their top 10 rankings.

But, god forbid a coach doesn't call him elite!

Guess now people are ok paying him elite money now?

Exactly. There's always room for Improvement and Lal is basically saying that Cool has areas to improve. Like OPI. He needs to learn that there is an art to pushing off and getting away with it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I want what Sanjay Lal is smoking or snorting. Cocaine is a heckuv a drug. Cooper looks like a grown man playing against kids.
Go Dallas!!!
hes not elite, sorry and I rather have coach say that and motivate a player to be even better, then blowing smoke up the arse..this is great motivation to be great every game , every play, and get better..

how about less drops to start...

hes agreat WR no doubt but being termed Elite is another level earned through consistency and time..

its like Jordan saying Steph Curry is HOF material yet..made me laugh but hes inspiring and motivating Steph to be better say in a final series when hes missing great payers around him..

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I dont know why you're mentioning me. This is typical coach speak about demanding the best from his players. If you want to compare route running between Dez and Cooper you are obviously insane lol
Stop bringing up Dez