Saquon Barkley out for year

cern

Reaction score
I saw the play as it happened. I knew he was done for the year. Too bad though.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Again, I was talking about the past 4 years of zeke’s career. As far as yesterday, do you disagree that the line did a 180 from the first quarter compared to the 2nd? zeke went from being hit behind the LOS to having wide open lanes on several plays (not all)

He also carried defenders three, four, five yards down the field.

I think comparing Elliott and Barkley is an exercise in futility. They are not alike and each have their things they do extremely well that make them top backs in this league. The plays Zeke succeeds on would likely not go as well for Barkley and the plays Barkley succeeds on likely would not go as well for Elliott.

I see no reason to denigrate one just to try to elevate the other. It reminds me of the Smith-Sanders debates, which were equally as stupid.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

I think comparing Elliott and Barkley is an exercise in futility. They are not alike and each have their things they do extremely well that make them top backs in this league. The plays Zeke succeeds on would likely not go as well for Barkley and the plays Barkley succeeds on likely would not go as well for Elliott.

I see no reason to denigrate one just to try to elevate the other. It reminds me of the Smith-Sanders debates, which were equally as stupid.

I hate the Giants with a passion. But I sure do like Barkley. I cheer for him because he is in such a sorry azz team.

Your right that each player has their strengths. Zeke is looking like in his 2016 form.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
screw the giants & barkley

i'll wish him well when he is no longer part of that garbage organization

don't forget when NYG would try to injure our players & laugh about it

CWR

Reaction score
Actually they did after the 1st quarter or so. Wasn’t zeke’s goal line TD amazing? It was so incredible Dak did it TWICE!

Actually Zeke absolutely trucked the Atlanta defender. It was a hell of a run.

CWR

Reaction score
Actually, it’s a built in excuse for Garrett.

They will probably sign Devontee Freeman anyways. So Garretts excuse should only go so far, but we know the routine.

plasticman

Reaction score
To the Giants credit, it's not like they weren't trying to improve their O-line. Three of their first five draft picks were O-linemen including their 1st round pick, #4 overall.

Barkley's injury does make me appreciate Zeke's durability, something that should never be taken for granted.

aria

Reaction score
Barkley is a one trick pony. In space a home run threat, everywhere else a train wreck. Does not even try to block for pass protection. Never blocked in pass protection at PSU and goes down with just a little contact in college. Only got worse in the NFL. He will give the Giants one good run or screen, one or two decent runs, and little or minus yards for the other 20 carries. Not an all around back. A little boom every once in a while and a lot of bust almost the rest of the time.
His blocking sucks but I would hardly call him a one trick pony or train wreck. If zeke was getting hit .2 seconds after grabbing the ball, almost always had no room to run or had one of the shortest times to contact he wouldn’t look too good either.

If Barkley is a one trick pony than zeke is nothing but a show pony. Barkley has more broken tackles, more receptions, more all purpose yards, more yards from LOS, better elusiveness, more forced missed tackles...but yeah, he’s a “one trick pony”.

aria

Reaction score

I agree, they both have different skill sets and I’m not the one starting threads claiming one is better than the other. Sounds like some people have RB envy, the same guys that constantly bring up Wentz.

aria

Reaction score
Actually Zeke absolutely trucked the Atlanta defender. It was a hell of a run.
Yeah, and a FB could have done the same thing or they could have run two QB sneaks for a TD...oh that’s right, they did. 3 goal line situations, 3 TD’s. 2 for Dak, 1 for zeke.

Not worth it.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Because taking a RB, a position often injured, when you have multiple holes on your team is a luxury you can't afford.

If Barkley was completely healthy I would say they should trade him.

That pick is like going out and buying a brand new car when the old one is fine and your up to your ears in debt already.
It's the American thing to do

The money management of people these days...

InTheZone

Reaction score
Again, it depends on how he recovers. Another 1,500 - 2,000 yard season and he'll be resigned, running backs that can do that are still valuable. If he comes back next year and isn't at least close to what he was in his rookie year, I suspect he'll be let go...
I wouldn't say he has to get those yards, but at least look like an explosive all around back and not some cut up dude who's not worth a darn...looking at you jaylon....and he has to stay healthy

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah, and a FB could have done the same thing or they could have run two QB sneaks for a TD...oh that’s right, they did. 3 goal line situations, 3 TD’s. 2 for Dak, 1 for zeke.

Not worth it.

It was a nice run period. You can pretend it was all about blocking, it wasnt. Zeke trucked the defender. Few guys in the league run with his power or get that low. Doesn't mean we couldn't have scored in other ways though.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree, they both have different skill sets and I’m not the one starting threads claiming one is better than the other. Sounds like some people have RB envy, the same guys that constantly bring up Wentz.

Yes, there seems to be some need to compare players that I don't understand. Not only are the players different, but the teams they play for can be completely different, what they are coached to do within the scheme can be different, etc.

I prefer to just admire good players for who they are and not compare them ... and not worry about what they are getting paid, where they were drafted, etc., either because there's nothing I can do to change that. All that matters to me is how they play.

plasticman

Reaction score
Barkley is about the same size as Zeke, listed one inch shorter but 5 pounds heavier. We can assume that both weights are not entirely accurate but the point is Barkley had only two less touches his rookie year than Zeke did in his rookie year, despite the dissimilar O-lines. He wasn't only their leading rusher, he was their leading receiving target

Barkley has had back to back thousand yard seasons despite missing three games his second year. Zeke, on the other hand, did not because he missed 6 games. Barkley caught 91 passes in 2018 and 52 in 2019, which was 13 starts.

There isn't another available RB in this league that comes close to capable of being able to replace Barkley's productivity. This is a devastating loss to the Giants. There is no guarantee that he'll have the same level of ability.

With that said, there is no room for excuses in the NFL. Their coaching staff must try to salvage the rest of the season somehow or they could very well be one and done. They probably don't have to win a lot but they do have to win some. That's going to be really tough.

So here is the question.....under those circumstances, how much would the Cowboys want for Pollard should the Giants come knocking?

2nd round?.........1st round?.........forget it, they can eat dirt?