SAS tweet - Romo needs to be hired as HC (tweet liked by Cowboys)

lk8701

Reaction score
It's really hard to understand why Romo threw so many INTs.

Xeven

Reaction score
On that front -
Romo is heading into his last year on his deal with CBS, a bit less than $4mn for the season. CBS has said they'll be offering him a contract with an increase in pay, but look at Gruden's contract for example, he could make more money as a HC... question is, does he walk away from something people are proclaiming he is the best at what he does in the world to take the chance on beginning a coaching career?
Well sure, he can always return to TV.

Pants

Reaction score
HC is a reach...SAS always over-the-top exaggerates.....so, being Romo in as the OC with Payton as HC...there

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
HC is a reach...SAS always over-the-top exaggerates.....so, being Romo in as the OC with Payton as HC...there
Given his current salary of slightly less than 4mn, and CBS offering him a big increase... that'd mean at least $6-7mn for an OC per season. That's top HC money.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I think Romo is very happy in the booth and the time he gets with his family. I don’t think that people understand how much time a coach spends away from home. I also feel that given how he handled his his career, he’s a pretty loyal man. I don’t see him jumping CBS especially if they pay him.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I really hate how much respect Romo is getting now from everyone. When he played for us he was a big joke to all. Those people who hated him and laughed at him now love him as a commentator. That he's a genius. We all knew that when he was playing! No one believed us!

conner01

Reaction score
On that front -
Romo is heading into his last year on his deal with CBS, a bit less than $4mn for the season. CBS has said they'll be offering him a contract with an increase in pay, but look at Gruden's contract for example, he could make more money as a HC... question is, does he walk away from something people are proclaiming he is the best at what he does in the world to take the chance on beginning a coaching career?
He’s about to get a massive raise
But I don’t think it’s about money
I think he wants the family time for now
Someday he will be back in the nfl but I expect that’s a few more years down the road

Pants

Reaction score
Given his current salary of slightly less than 4mn, and CBS offering him a big increase... that'd mean at least $6-7mn for an OC per season. That's top HC money.
I was being a little facetious. I would give my left rock for that but we aren’t going to have either. Tony should stay in the booth and hang with his family

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Check out who has liked it - 2 current Cowboys. Jaylon Smith, Datone Jones, and ex-Cowboy Brice Butler.

Found that interesting.

Why would Romo take a coaching job.

He gets paid millions for part time type hours and is off during the off-season.

When his contract is up he'll get an all time NFL analyst contract. He single-handedly made CBS on par or above the other networks in regards to the NFL.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And as soon as they do he’s going to trumpet that accident waiting to happen line. Romo will never coach here. He wasn’t appreciated by a lot of people when he was here so any gushing is wasted time.
He was appreciated by the organization. I doubt he cares much about some numbskull fans.

Redline360

Reaction score
If anyone takes SAS seriously they need a quick punch to the throat.

He makes a logical point maybe every 1% of the time. Unless he jumps on the bandwagon