Saw where WFT released Moses Morgan

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
He'd be a nice backup to Collins La'el. That's who he is.

I was gonna chime in and more or less say that. He's not a starter and honestly, I've never thought he was anything more than adequate. On a line with a healthy Trent Williams and Brandon Scherff, and a QB that doesn't take a bunch of sacks in Cousins (early in his career), then I think he's capable of looking good.

He may be a decent guard, maybe LG for us. But he's gonna want tackle money and he was *really* bad in 2018 and 2019. Rebounded some this year, but not worth his contract.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
WFT is swimming in cap space, yet dumped him to save $7M. Either he stinks or Li’l Danny is running short on cash.

I doubt this Moses is going to lead us to the promised land.

7M is real cap money. Too much for a backup, IMO, especially if you have cheaper options you prefer.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
7M is real cap money. Too much for a backup, IMO, especially if you have cheaper options you prefer.

The guy started for 6 years, I think. Is the Bears' player who got cut the automatic starter? Are they making the Texas draft pick the automatic starter? They have a real GM, so of course, no one is given a starter spot and everyone has to earn it, right? Only Jerry mandates who starts, so people (not necessarily you) tell me.

$7M is not a lot of money for a starting caliber OT with 6 years experience. Couple that with Kerrigan going to the cap-strapped Eagles (I'm guessing they didn't pay much) and there could be a cash crunch or something up their sleeve.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The guy started for 6 years, I think. Is the Bears' player who got cut the automatic starter? Are they making the Texas draft pick the automatic starter? They have a real GM, so of course, no one is given a starter spot and everyone has to earn it, right? Only Jerry mandates who starts, so people (not necessarily you) tell me.

$7M is not a lot of money for a starting caliber OT with 6 years experience. Couple that with Kerrigan going to the cap-strapped Eagles (I'm guessing they didn't pay much) and there could be a cash crunch or something up their sleeve.

7mil is not a lot of money for a starting OT, but is a lot of money to have sitting on the bench.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bet he signs with AZ and wanders around the desert for a few years.

giphy.gif

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Not in Dallas he isn’t.

Maybe, maybe not. Doesn’t matter. Point is he was a starter in Washington and probably would be a starter there today. Li’l Danny did not want to pay him for some reason. So, there might be a reason why Washington is saving money. Big splash later?

Carson

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. Doesn’t matter. Point is he was a starter in Washington and probably would be a starter there today. Li’l Danny did not want to pay him for some reason. So, there might be a reason why Washington is saving money. Big splash later?
Their splash will be their own players

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Their splash will be their own players

Well, that means they have a lot of confidence in their defense and Fitzpatrick. Start the season 0-2 and they may think otherwise. Maybe things don’t look so good in camp with Fitz and time for plan b. Maybe ticket sales are down.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Maybe. Or they simply didn’t feel he was worth the cost and felt that they had a cheaper option. The sometimes cutthroat business of the NFL.

Reaction score
7mil is not a lot of money for a starting OT, but is a lot of money to have sitting on the bench.

That was the issue. They have 3 tackles they want to play, Leno (LT) Lucas slides to RT and the rookie Cosmi will be the swing tackle. Lucas was pretty good for being thrown at LT last year, should be better at RT. Plus they still have Saahdiq Charles who could play both tackle spots, but will probably be a guard.
Moses was old, had no guaranteed money left and was hinting about retiring last year maybe in a bid to get a new contract. There are younger and cheaper options on the table.. no sense in keeping his $7 million on the books.
Out with the old, in with the new.