Scandrick/Jenkins over Henry

jdnelson103

Reaction score
Considering the decision to start Spencer over Ellis, anyone think the coaches will have the commen sense to start Scandrick or Jenkins over Henry? He is by far the weakest link in the secondary, and sticking with him would be no different than deciding to stay with Brad Johnson instead of starting Brooks last week.

Thoughts?

khiladi

Reaction score
jdnelson103;2405411 said:
Considering the decision to start Spencer over Ellis, anyone think the coaches will have the commen sense to start Scandrick or Jenkins over Henry? He is by far the weakest link in the secondary, and sticking with him would be no different than deciding to stay with Brad Johnson instead of starting Brooks last week.

Thoughts?

I would love it if they moved hom to FS and Ken Hamlin to SS, because the latter is flat-out sucking right now as a FS, and Henry is just not cutting it anymore as a starting CB.

I actually think Henry returned last week, because of all the gushing about how the rookies played. He knows his job is ultimately in jeopardy.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Scandrick will hit someone.......fast......good coverage skills.....he has my vote.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'd like it if they did this just to get Henry off the field as a corner expect when they've got him covering the TE like earlier in the year.

In the offseason he's no doubt moving to FS and Hamlin over to strong but I doubt that they try and make that move during the season. Maybe in some special packages but I doubt it will be made into a full move till the offseason.

onetrickpony

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2405423 said:
Scandrick will hit someone.......fast......good coverage skills.....he has my vote.

Same here, plus he was still tackling at the end of the Giants game.

mboy22

Reaction score
yes, we need to get the weak links of our defense off the field. Spencer needs to replace Ellis and Scandrick needs to replace Henry. and Jenkins needs to be the 3rd guy.

On offense we need to use Felix more, even though I like Barber. Roy Williams and Terrell Owens need to be the starters with Patrick Crayton as the slot guy.

jdnelson103

Reaction score
mboy22;2405525 said:
yes, we need to get the weak links of our defense off the field. Spencer needs to replace Ellis and Scandrick needs to replace Henry. and Jenkins needs to be the 3rd guy.

On offense we need to use Felix more, even though I like Barber. Roy Williams and Terrell Owens need to be the starters with Patrick Crayton as the slot guy.

I agree. The only thing I differ on somewhat is with Crayton. I really think Miles Austin was starting to come on before Romo went down. I know Crayton might be somewhat better right now, but I wouldn't mind seeing Miles in the slot more often.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It is so obvious that Henry does not match up well with Randle El or Moss.
This is a no brainer.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2405567 said:
I would love for them to take Jenkins and send him packing.

WOW. Over one bonehead play?

Oops. Maybe you meant take Jenkins as the starter and send Henry packing? Maybe I got the wrong idea there.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Henry is a liability...and he knows it....why does he get his feelings hurt...when he knows this...

on pacman getting more reps "i knew this was coming, it was onl a matter of time" **** henry

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I kinda wanna see the gimp give SS a shot, no longer interested in him playing FS...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When will fans realize that the problem with the secondary isn't the personnel its the fact that we can't get any pass rush on the cornerback? Do you guys not see Champ Bailey constantly getting beat in Denver? One of the best cornerbacks in the league but he has no pass rush. So what's the result? They get beat deep. What happens when the Cowboys finally get a pass rush against the Bucc's? The corners look dominant and everyone wants to start Scandrick and Jenkins.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
rocyaice;2405912 said:
When will fans realize that the problem with the secondary isn't the personnel its the fact that we can't get any pass rush on the cornerback? Do you guys not see Champ Bailey constantly getting beat in Denver? One of the best cornerbacks in the league but he has no pass rush. So what's the result? They get beat deep. What happens when the Cowboys finally get a pass rush against the Bucc's? The corners look dominant and everyone wants to start Scandrick and Jenkins.

I think we generally get good pressure. Teams were game planning us earlier in the year getting the ball out quickly. Lately they've been game planning other things.

The coaches aren't quite as stupid as some (ok many) think. Early they used Henry on the TE. That's a great matchup for him. They used the new CBs in the nickel and dime. Injuries and then AJ being suspended forced them into starting duties. They've handled it well IMO. And the staff has used them more often to play less passively. Not enough for me but they have gotten more aggressive. As they got experience and as our team needed it more.

Getting TNew back will help out tremendously allowing Henry to get better matchups all around. And Spencer will make some difference up front.

If they can start getting better field position, get back an offense that scores 30 a game, then the D will look incredibly better. Better, IMO, than it's looked all year.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Keep starting Mike Jenkins. He is the future, and the future is now. Keep breaking him in, so he gets the experience now. Don't hold Jenkins back. You can't pull him now, or you will hold his development back.

Go with the 23 year old.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
41gy#;2406009 said:
Keep starting Mike Jenkins. He is the future, and the future is now. Keep breaking him in, so he gets the experience now. Don't hold Jenkins back. You can't pull him now, or you will hold his development back.

Go with the 23 year old.

He will see his share of snaps. I don't know if he will start over Henry but it wouldn't bother me. I think they should look at matchups but then no one asks me anymore.

Mr.davon24

PGH Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I am all for moving Anthony to safety and Scandrick/Jenkins starting at corner. Either or could be the nickle.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Mr.davon24;2406020 said:
I am all for moving Anthony to safety and Scandrick/Jenkins starting at corner. Either or could be the nickle.

Basically Henry was playing safety in many packages early in the year. With TNew and Henry on the field they should use the 2
young CBs in the best matchups including Henry on the bigger and slower guys.