Twitter: Scandrick requests his release

jrumann59

Reaction score
keep him. If he holds out let him, hell make him run ST when he comes back. IR him when he pulls a hammy, rinse and repeat until his contract is up.

birdwells1

Reaction score
We've got to stop with the player hate, most here know that scandrick is going to be cut, now that he says that he want to be released its a problem.

You're not getting anything for him, just let him go already or do some of you just want to see him suffer? Lol you guys crack me up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've got to stop with the player hate, most here know that scandrick is going to be cut, now that he says that he want to be released its a problem.

You're not getting anything for him, just let him go already or do some of you just want to see him suffer? Lol you guys crack me up.

But hey, no matter what they Cowboys do there is an opportunity to complain. Up to now the complaint has been that we haven't cut him yet. Now that he wants to be but, we can complain that we haven't traded him. If we trade him we can complain that they should have traded him a year ago. Then if some of the young DB's have a little difficulty next year we can complain that we should have held on to him while we saw how the kids were going to work out. There's always a complaint to be found.

jrumann59

Reaction score
But hey, no matter what they Cowboys do there is an opportunity to complain. Up to now the complaint has been that we haven't cut him yet. Now that he wants to be but, we can complain that we haven't traded him. If we trade him we can complain that they should have traded him a year ago. Then if some of the young DB's have a little difficulty next year we can complain that we should have held on to him while we saw how the kids were going to work out. There's always a complaint to be found.
Little Simba that is the circle of life on these most team boards

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I know. I think I would rather keep him another year than get 1.4 mil to spend. He would be some decent insurance.
But it's not coming across on his end,like he's gonna put out any kind of focused effort, which should be considered detrimental in any coaches game plans.

ghst187

Reaction score
Twitter feed: ghst187 requested Scandricks trade two years ago when we could've gotten value in a trade for an overrated player with an it or tread left on the tire which might have netted us a mid round draft pick from a CB desperate team in mid season.... the kind of move teams like the Patriots make

sacase

Reaction score
You could tell that he just isn't as good as he used to be. Its just age. Good player and hard worker. He did beat out Mike Jenkins.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'll keep my depth at corner rather than get just $1.4 million in cap savings if I'm not getting a draft pick.

A savings that small isn't worth sacrificing my depth. Let Scandrick pout if he doesn't like it. He was the guy who wanted to renegotiate his contract. Several times.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Twitter feed: ghst187 requested Scandricks trade two years ago when we could've gotten value in a trade for an overrated player with an it or tread left on the tire which might have netted us a mid round draft pick from a CB desperate team in mid season.... the kind of move teams like the Patriots make

2 years ago the Cowboys were kind of a CB desperate team, and even so, Scandrick had just sat out the season with injury, so he had no trade value.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A year ago the Cowboys were coming off a strong 2016 season and hoped for more in 2017, so it wouldn't have made sense to start dumping veterans, especially at a position where there wasn't going to be much of a veteran presence.

Not to be argumentative, but did not the Cowboys get rid of Wilcox, Carr, Church, and Claiborne; all veterans? His presence has not been notable or barely mentioned among rookies.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll keep my depth at corner rather than get just $1.4 million in cap savings if I'm not getting a draft pick.

A savings that small isn't worth sacrificing my depth. Let Scandrick pout if he doesn't like it. He was the guy who wanted to renegotiate his contract. Several times.
Exactamundo.

Nailed it.

birdwells1

Reaction score
But the cowboys have said that they will trade or cut him. Since that proclamation no one's going to trade for him so that means that they will cut him so no matter what you want a release is going to happen.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to be argumentative, but did not the Cowboys get rid of Wilcox, Carr, Church, and Claiborne; all veterans? His presence has not been notable or barely mentioned among rookies.

Some of them their contracts were up, but even so, notice my comment about "a position where there wasn't going to be much of a veteran presence". Maybe I could have worded it better, but I was acknowledging that most of the veterans at that position were already going to be gone, and what I was trying to say was it didn't make sense to get rid of what was left.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of them their contracts were up, but even so, notice my comment about "a position where there wasn't going to be much of a veteran presence". Maybe I could have worded it better, but I was acknowledging that most of the veterans at that position were already going to be gone, and what I was trying to say was it didn't make sense to get rid of what was left.

I hear you, I just want the distractions dealt with before the season starts. Who will be next?

jrumann59

Reaction score
Every complains about the FO but this FO needs to play hardball with someone, might as well make it malcontent. If you get no trade offers, keep him, if he becomes more of malcontent suspend him or wait for him to get hurt and IR him. When next year comes do the same thing. FO has been too receptive for too long to player "needs"

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
why do people feel the need to bad mouth him at this point if that was you, you would want your release also so you had the best chance to land with another team nothing wrong with that IMO. Good Grief give the guy a break

Good luck Scandy hope you catch on with another squad

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Team's actually been saying no decision has been made on him, either way. It's too early to release him outright. His price tag for a starting vet CB is very reasonable. He's got value still. Even if we keep him up through the draft, or through camp it makes sense to hold onto his rights. He's not a guy you owe anything to in terms of giving him special treatment.

I agree that the player hate is silly, though.