Scattershooting about Sunday’s game

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some random thoughts about the big game Sunday. Not necessarily in any kind of order of importance and they could of course all be wrong, lol. But fun nonetheless.

1. If the Cowboys win, it will take an epic collapse on their part to not win the NFC East. If they win, we’re going to find out how well Dallas does with success. Hopefully better than recent years.

2. I think Michael Gallup could have a breakout game Sunday. The beagles will try to double Cooper and may also occasionally double Beasley. Gallup should have a great chance to have a big game Sun with the Filly secondary so depleted.

3. The Cowboys offense will have a great opportunity to open up a can on the beagles depleted D. The beagles will be missing 5 opening day starters on defense Sun due to injuries.

4. This game will be a full on battle for TOP. Filly currently leads the league in TOP and with their defense in shambles they are going to do everything possible to methodically move the chains to keep their D off the field. Problem is, they may not be able to keep our offense from grinding out some long possessions too.

5. Unlike many on these boards, I hope we win the toss and take the ball first. Then put together a soul crushing 12-15 play drive for a TD to start the game. Demoralize their D from the opening KO.

6. If we win, I hope someone kidnaps Jerry and prevents him from saying something stupid that distracts from this team’s current good fortune.

7. Filly is desperate. I hope we are too.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Some random thoughts about the big game Sunday. Not necessarily in any kind of order of importance and they could of course all be wrong, lol. But fun nonetheless.

1. If the Cowboys win, it will take an epic collapse on their part to not win the NFC East. If they win, we’re going to find out how well Dallas does with success. Hopefully better than recent years.

2. I think Michael Gallup could have a breakout game Sunday. The beagles will try to double Cooper and may also occasionally double Beasley. Gallup should have a great chance to have a big game Sun with the Filly secondary so depleted.

3. The Cowboys offense will have a great opportunity to open up a can on the beagles depleted D. The beagles will be missing 5 opening day starters on defense Sun due to injuries.

4. This game will be a full on battle for TOP. Filly currently leads the league in TOP and with their defense in shambles they are going to do everything possible to methodically move the chains to keep their D off the field. Problem is, they may not be able to keep our offense from grinding out some long possessions too.

5. Unlike many on these boards, I hope we win the toss and take the ball first. Then put together a soul crushing 12-15 play drive for a TD to start the game. Demoralize their D from the opening KO.

6. If we win, I hope someone kidnaps Jerry and prevents him from saying something stupid that distracts from this team’s current good fortune.

No. 3 will be the tipping point.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
been at work all day but I read a tweet that Gallup was iffy because of an illness?......

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Taking the ball first will only be good if we drive down and score a TD...the way we start important games under Garrett though I am not that optimistic. With that said I think I'd rather kick and get the ball for the second half. Either way we're going to win this game, I can feel it.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

:lmao: Oh, Man Alive,,,I could clearly see " strut" evaporating off the PHILLY D's faces in first quarter play of game #1 with them,:lmao2:

:starspin::hammer::starspin:

:thumbup:you nailed it with you're closing thoughts #5

Creeper

Reaction score
I wish Tyron Smith was healthy. He is questionable and will probably play but it sounds like he is not 100%. The Eagles are going to try to push the Cowboys OL into Prescott and get him to cough up the ball. I think having Tyron in the game will help Dak find an escape route if necessary. The Cowboys receivers should be able to get open this week but Dak needs a little more time to throw it.

The thing I have noticed about the Eagles the last two games vs the prior games I have seen them play is their offensive line is playing more like they did last year. They did a really good job against the Commanders defensive line, which is pretty good. I think the Cowboys secondary covers better than the skins and the Cowboys LBs are much better than the skins but we need to make Wentz throw a few desperation passes. Turnovers are going to decide this game.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

You can take out the win loss record and which team did what......

It's a divisional game.

It all goes out the window come game day.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Motion granted. Now finish him!
:rolleyes:
Unsavory Rouges copulating in concurrently congealed casing-liners SHALL BE RENDERED as such , considered jointly in cahoots being of primary reasoning,,,o_O

* string-puller#97 could prolly "FLETCH YER CASING-LINERS" @100 YDS:omg:,,,er,,,just saying, Bro'so_O

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Who is out and who is playing in the Eagles secondary? Last i heard they were playing guys who werent even on the team a month before.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who is out and who is playing in the Eagles secondary? Last i heard they were playing guys who werent even on the team a month before.
The beagles stud LB Jordan Hicks is out, both starters at CB, Ronald Darby and Jalen Mills are out, DL Tim Jernigan is doubtful and DL Michael Bennett is questionable, S Avonte Maddox is also questionable. They have guys playing their secondary that were not in the league a month ago.