Scenarios for the cowboys to make the playoffs

demirji22

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I did a little playing around with the yahoo website to see who gets into the playoffs and this is what i came up with.

If the skins beat cincinato and SF then we need Phil to beat the skins putting the skins at 9-7

Assuming Phil beats cleveland and washington they would be 9-5-1 going into the cowboys game.

If we beat the giants and ravens then we would be 10-5 going into the eagles game having to beat them because they would be 10-5-1 and we would be 10-6 if we lose and then phil is 1/2 game ahead of us.

If we split with the giants and ravens then we would be 9-6 going into the eagles game , either way we would have to then win so we can be 10-6 and them at 9-6-1 so we are 1/2 game ahead.

So basically if we win our next 2 or just split them we still have to beat the eagles. The key is the eagles game. We win and we are in, we lose and we are out.

Now if the Commanders beat the eagles that makes things even crazier.
If the skins win their last 3 then they would be 10-6, and we would have to win out to be 11-5 and get in because if we are 10-6 and the skins are 10-6 then the skins hold the tiebreaker for some reason, not sure why (didnt really look into it).

Outside the division we just need Atlanta to lose 1 of its last 3, most likely to TB this week.
Atlanta still has TB, minnesota and St louis, i only see them losing to TB because of the suspensions that minn got.

If this all happens then we are in.
This is the most likely scenario I see, so its gonna be rough.
Again i think it is all going to come down to the last game between us and phil and the winner gets in
Hope this helps and doesnt make you guys more confused.

here is a link to the site in yahoo with my picks that generate the playoffs.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&15=15010554&16=41451551&17=15104000http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=currentstandings

Any thoughts or other ideas of us getting in?

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Seriously. We just need to beat the Giants and let everything play out until week 15. The only thing that matters is beating the Giants.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Minny will crunch whoever they play in the WC round.

Let's move forward to next year.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Boysboy;2476664 said:

When we get in, if we play them, I'd take a bet on that. I believe Dallas would handle them because they have the ability to stop the run and those guys don't scare a pop warner team with their passing attack.

demirji22

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;2476660 said:
Seriously. We just need to beat the Giants and let everything play out until week 15. The only thing that matters is beating the Giants.

Week 15 and 16
beat the giants or ravens
Philly beats washington

Week 17
Beat the Eagles

Atlanta lose 1 of its last 3

So I am pretty sure this is what it comes down to.
You can play with the site and see what happens.

Boysboy

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2476675 said:
When we get in, if we play them, I'd take a bet on that. I believe Dallas would handle them because they have the ability to stop the run and those guys don't scare a pop warner team with their passing attack.

Minny has won 7 of their last 9 after a 1-3 start...it took Brad Childress awhile, but he's finally gotten his team clicking. The Vikings can run the ball very effectively, and they can stop the run even better to boot.(2 assets that will be valuable to them come playoff time) Plus the Metrodome is VERY loud-it'll be unbearable for a playoff environment.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Boysboy;2476664 said:

They won't have the Williams boys so it should be a lot easier to run on them.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Boysboy;2476690 said:
Minny has won 7 of their last 9 after a 1-3 start...it took Brad Childress awhile, but he's finally gotten his team clicking. The Vikings can run the ball very effectively, and they can stop the run even better to boot.(2 assets that will be valuable to them come playoff time) Plus the Metrodome is VERY loud-it'll be unbearable for a playoff environment.

They just played in Pittsburgh. The Metrodome would be a toasty cakewalk as compared to what this team just faced.

Pittsburgh on Sunday was more of a playoff environment than what the 1st round will offer us IMO.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2476706 said:
They won't have the Williams boys so it should be a lot easier to run on them.

Looks like they'll wait 'till next season.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Boysboy;2476690 said:

I hear ya. And like I said when we get into the playoffs if, if that's who we wind up playing, I'll take a bet on it. I'm not big on huge money bets or anything but I'll take a bet of some kind with you on it that we'll beat them.

demirji22

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2476735 said:
All this makes my head hurt, just win the 3 games and we are in.

I totally agree with you,
My whole point was that if for some reason we can only win 2 out of the 3
Philly HAS to be one of them

Doomsday101

Reaction score
demirji22;2476745 said:
I totally agree with you,
My whole point was that if for some reason we can only win 2 out of the 3
Philly HAS to be one of them

I know. There are many different things that can take place involving the Skins, Philly, Alt and Carolina that create different possiblities but the only one that is clear cut is Dallas winning we win and we get to where we want to be if not then we are left relying on others to get us in. I don't think that is the road Dallas wants to take

alancdc

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2476675 said:

Seriously, the Minn team that dang near lost to the Lions this week? I would love to play them inside and on turf. We would demolish the Vikings.

Dave the Sicilian

Reaction score
If we get in we could play also @ Arizona...would it be worst or better the Minny...?!? I think the second.

alancdc

Reaction score
Dave the Sicilian;2476811 said:
If we get in we could play also @ Arizona...would it be worst or better the Minny...?!? I think the second.

For me, the way AZ plays at home would be a issue. I would rather play at Minn.

kmd24

Reaction score
I think we will miss the playoffs if Atlanta beats Tampa Bay in the Georgia Dome Sunday.

It's ironic, because if Atlanta does beat Tampa and Dallas wins at home against New York, Dallas will hold the first wildcard position. However,
Atlanta closes with @Minnesota in week 16 and hosts the Rams in week 17, while Tampa hosts San Diego and Oakland in the final two weeks. I think there is a good chance of Atlanta and Tampa winning those four games.

I think Philly is very likely to be 9-5-1 headed into the finale.

I think the odds are much less than 50/50 that the Cowboys will beat both Baltimore and Philly, and I think the season finale in Philly will be very difficult to win, especially if they are still alive.

The flip side, if we do make the playoffs, I think it will be by winning all three remaining games, putting the team on a 6-1 streak entering the playoffs with wins over three very good teams to end the season. I think that would bode well for the postseason.