Schedule Observation

Chuck 54

Reaction score
This is not a conspiracy thread. When the league makes the schedule, I don’t think they have any idea what most teams will actually due. Dallas was assigned a schedule based on the formula for a second place team. Philly was assigned a schedule based on being a first place team.

This is just an observation.

Dallas has 3 losses, all on the road vs Arizona (shouldn’t have happened), SF and Philly.

Philly has played Minnesota when they had all their weapons and won by 6. They also played Miami and Buffalo, and will play SF. Besides Dallas, Philly played 4 top teams….all at home in Philly. Their only tough game on the road was KC.

Dallas played SF, San Diego, and will play Buffalo and Miami, all on the road.

That’s some home cooking for Philly and some road challenges all season for Dallas.

Just an observation. Stuff happens.

Mannix

Reaction score
My question....which I've beaten to death before...is why we had/have to play SF, Buffalo, and Miami all on the road, and Philly gets them at home....when they supposedly have the tougher schedule due to reaching the Super Bowl. I REALIZE THERE IS A FORMULA YEARS IN ADVANCE on who you will be playing....but what is to keep the league from screwing you by having you play the tougher teams from that formula on the road, and the ding dongs at home. Our current home winning streak is LARGELY because we always get the ding dongs at home, and are saddled with the better teams on the road. I've noticed this for years, and you will never convince me that something isn't crooked.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is not a conspiracy thread. When the league makes the schedule, I don’t think they have any idea what most teams will actually due. Dallas was assigned a schedule based on the formula for a second place team. Philly was assigned a schedule based on being a first place team.

Dallas has 3 losses, all on the road vs Arizona (shouldn’t have happened), SF and Philly.

Philly has played Minnesota when they had all their weapons and won by 6. They also played Miami and Buffalo, and will play SF. Besides Dallas, Philly played 4 top teams….all at home in Philly. Their only tough game on the road was KC.

That’s some home cooking for Philly and some road challenges all season for Dallas.

Hey, this fan is taking care of business and win the challenge...not the easy way. Results for strength are stronger.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You're kind of cherry picking

You failed to mention one of our "hard teams" Detroit...is at home.

You kinda just threw the Chargers in there as a hard team we've had to play on the road, to inflate those Hard Team Away games. Chargers? Lol...ok

And through you mentioned the juggernaut Chargers, you conveniently omitted Seattle who we got at Home, who Philly will have to travel to play at AFTER playing us away (so they have to go to Dallas, then back home for few days, then to the farthest stadium from where they are at Seattle)

You also failed to mention Tampa (away for them...home for us)...every bit or better than SanDiego.

You also failed to mention that the Jets were a SuperBowl Contender with Aaron Rogers, and the league scheduled the Jets at home for us and away for them.

At least you mentioned Philly was basically the only team this year that had to face The Good Vikings....the same team that won the North last year...with Justin Jefferson and Cousins.

So yeah...philly's schedule has been MUCH tougher than ours. As it should be...since they went to the SB last year and we were a wild card team.

So if ur gonna make a "Whoa is me" "They're out to get us AGAIN" or "THE REFS" ...or any of the various types of whiner threads...at least don't cherry pick facts, as that just makes the whining all the more insufferable

FinallyBeatBrady

Reaction score
Where each team plays is on a predetermined rotation. We share the same games with the Giants so they also play SF and Arizona on the road along with the bills and dolphins. When we play the entire afc east again in 4 years, we'll host the bills/dolphins instead. The standings based games rotate as well so this year the entire nfc east had to play the afc west on the road, same for the entire nfc south while each nfc east team hosted the nfc north team they were aligned with. There is no conspiracy with the schedule in terms of opponents or even location. Until an 18th game is added or perhaps a 33rd team, you could determine your schedule from now until the end of time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the home and away games are predetermined on a rotation. The NFL does not make this up on the fly.
This is probably the 10th thread on thos in the past week.

The only thing the schedule makers control is the layout of the games.
Such as Dallas ALWAYS finish December with more road games than home. They finished at home about 8 times in the last 25 years.
We also always play a road game before the T-day game. And around 4 of the last 5 years, they have us on the TBf game a week after as well.

This is where they can screw teams on the schedule. Especially if they give a team 3 road games against the tougher teams in a row.

Also some games may be determined by other events at the venues. Years ago when a NFL team shared a stadium with a MLB team, they try to schedule around the MLB playoff games as a possibility. I remember one time they switched a home game to an away game becaise the team was in the MLB playoffs, then they played the home game later that was to be on the road. They tried to schedule those games in case the had to be switched.as to same division teams.

For once I would like to see Dallas finish with 2 games at home, that has not happened for maybe 30 years or more. However we often finish with two road games.

Flamma

Reaction score

Yeah, I think a lot of us noticed that. I don't think there is any conspiracy to it, just that we got hosed. Other years it may work out for us.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
My question....which I've beaten to death before...is why we had/have to play SF, Buffalo, and Miami all on the road, and Philly gets them at home....when they supposedly have the tougher schedule due to reaching the Super Bowl. I REALIZE THERE IS A FORMULA YEARS IN ADVANCE on who you will be playing....but what is to keep the league from screwing you by having you play the tougher teams from that formula on the road, and the ding dongs at home. Our current home winning streak is LARGELY because we always get the ding dongs at home, and are saddled with the better teams on the road. I've noticed this for years, and you will never convince me that something isn't crooked.
Because that formula that’s made years in advance determines home/away games. In 2027 when the cowboys play Buffalo/Miami again they’ll get them at home while Philly will have to travel.

blueblood70

Reaction score
All the home and away games are predetermined on a rotation. The NFL does not make this up on the fly.
This is probably the 10th thread on thos in the past week.

The only thing the schedule makers control is the layout of the games.
Such as Dallas ALWAYS finish December with more road games than home. They finished at home about 8 times in the last 25 years.
We also always play a road game before the T-day game. And around 4 of the last 5 years, they have us on the TBf game a week after as well.

This is where they can screw teams on the schedule. Especially if they give a team 3 road games against the tougher teams in a row.

Also some games may be determined by other events at the venues. Years ago when a NFL team shared a stadium with a MLB team, they try to schedule around the MLB playoff games as a possibility. I remember one time they switched a home game to an away game becaise the team was in the MLB playoffs, then they played the home game later that was to be on the road. They tried to schedule those games in case the had to be switched.as to same division teams.

For once I would like to see Dallas finish with 2 games at home, that has not happened for maybe 30 years or more. However we often finish with two road games.
This is true it's not a conspiracy it's the computer and the algorithms that set most of this up by what you do the year before however it still sucks that we have some of the toughest December schedules with finishing on the road so often it's ridiculous... The only benefit was getting to play all these teams in a row allegedly that weren't the strongest teams to meet in this short three games in 12 days that we won every game... We at least set ourselves up for a better opportunity in December given that we have won all the games before those hit.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Total coincidence. The formula is what it is and is as fair as it can be.

Buffalo and Miami just happen to be good when our turn to play the AFCE came up. It may be the total opposite next time.

Those little breaks, the ones that are very much a part of a championship team, we simply do not get and haven’t for some time.

Upstanding citizen and family man Jerry Jones wonders what he did to deserve that. I can make a list for him.

Zman5

Reaction score
I posted on another thread that as of end of last week the W-L records of the teams Philly and Dal will play this season were almost same. Teams Philly plays have one more win.

This pretty much debunks the myth that we have much easier schedule than the Eagirls.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This “Dallas fan” doesn’t even realize the Cowboys don’t play Tampa this year.

He apparently knows the Philly schedule really well though and can defend it against people in this thread.
I meant Rams..relax

Way to focus on the completely least important team and on a typo, ...then the point behind the message.

If you MUST feel like we are always at a disadvantage (but, but... THE REFS. But...but...THE SCHEDULE) then don't let me stop you.

The "I'm a victim Whoa is me" sissy mentality is rampant these days....so you won't be alone if that's what you need.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I meant Rams..relax

Way to focus on the completely least important team and on a typo, ...then the point behind the message.

If you MUST feel like we are always at a disadvantage (but, but... THE REFS. But...but...THE SCHEDULE) then don't let me stop you.

The "I'm a victim Woe is me" sissy mentality is rampant these days....so you won't be alone if that's what you need.
No, you’re right. The schedule is completely random and not against Dallas or helping Philly at all.

There are no victims here.

That doesn’t make you a Dallas fan though.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I meant Rams..relax

The "I'm a victim Whoa is me" sissy mentality is rampant these days....so you won't be alone if that's what you need.

Internet-Troll.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score
Steel sharpens steel. Dallas is likely going to be playing road playoff against playoff teams. Might as well get practice doing it now.
For the flip side of that is getting your practice in and if your failures are evident, you know your weaknesses and what you have to adjust before you get to the real one and done games.... It does give you some latitude to mess with your game plans and practice some plays you might not otherwise have time to do against real team's vs practice walk throughs.