Schefter today: growing sense Zeke short suspension **merged**

Reaction score
On ESPN this morning. ""Growing sense in NFL circles Zeke will have a short suspension." 1-2 games. No particulars, take it for what you will.

jordan4vols

Reaction score
Suspension for what? The lady has been proven to be a liar.
This all day long. If he is suspended (of course for a game against the Giants) I would fight it tooth and nail. I don't understand how a police investigation into a possible criminal matter turns up that the supposed "victim" was lying and attempting possible extortion and the league could in any way justify suspending the other party.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
300px-Supreme_Court_of_the_United_States_-_Roberts_Court_2017.jpg

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Clearly, we aren't privy to everything prior to or after the event in question. If the NFL has evidence that his behavior needs correction, there will be a suspension, regardless of criminal charges. If it's BS, Zeke will fight it. If he knows he did something wrong, he will serve the suspension in hopes of keeping his actions out of public information.

I won't be surprised either way with him. Great player; lots of maturing to do if he wants to be a franchise player.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Clearly, we aren't privy to everything prior to or after the event in question. If the NFL has evidence that his behavior needs correction, there will be a suspension, regardless of criminal charges. If it's BS, Zeke will fight it.

And if Zeke fights it, the NFL will reduce the suspension to one game so that he misses the opening game.

Against the Giants, by an amazing coinky-dink.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I just don't understand what you can suspend for even being at the leagues discretion.

There was nothing there.

I would get a fine or even a 1 game suspension for pulling the girls top down, he actually did that.

As much as I'm morally opposed to what Zeke did, I don't see how you can suspend him for that. The woman didn't complain, and she didn't file any charges against him.
This is REALLY a fishing expedition and an exercise in arbitrary rulership. I've pretty much been on Goodell's side. But if he suspends Zeke based on something as relative as "perception" without any hard evidence, I'm going to be among the last people to jump off his bandwagon.