Twitter: Scott Linehan: It starts with me

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Scott setting it up to fall on his sword to save Prince JG or as I call him the Court Jester

khiladi

Reaction score
Well, he clearly hasn’t taken on at least one trait from his boss, Jason Garrett, which is shifting the blame on somebody else......

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Heck yeah, I hope this saves Jason. "we'd hate to lose all the training Jerry did for Jason" " it would really suck for a high school or jr. college to get all Jerry's training he put in on Jason"

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
In this Scheme you're only as good as your Everydown Te is.

Our everydown Te is constantly Average at best

Our offense has gone down the tubes since 82 left and it hasn't been that great the last few years with him here.

Get a superstar te that can score 8tds a year or Rotate our rbs and slot wrs so we don't have to watch these tes get these 3.5 yard averages per catch and 1 td a year.

The te is the glue in this entire offense. It will take a real Scoring threat at the position if he's gonna lead us in snaps at the playoff level.

Y'all wake up
No mention of the OL? They're a hot, wet mess.

My opinion is STOP with the empty backfield, run the I to help with the blocking the OL screws up. This would also help keep the defense guessing....run?. Pass? RPO? Maybe to Smith once in a while. Lots of options. The opposition knows exactly what Dallas is going to do.....it's comical..

Next..........

Last edited:

Cmac

Reaction score
That tweet should tell us all enough about the HC.

Pants

Reaction score
JJ: "er, um, Scott, I need to protect the process, and by process, I mean the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys. I will give you a $5m bonus to say this is on you."
SL: "But then I am the newest scapegoat?"
JJ: "ummmm, er, do you want the um money or not, I could fire you now" (downs half glass of JWB and slams the empty on his desk)
SL: **sigh**

Twitter: Scott Linehan: It starts with me

Asklesko

Reaction score
Nah Linehan's a moron, I'm okay with him being collateral damage. Call it a minor win if they bring in someone a lot better.

They had someone a lot better in Callahan, but they got rid of him and brought in Linehan. They don't want someone better.

Anyways, you're missing the point. Linehan is a placeholder. The problem is the culture of scapegoating around here.

Batman1980

Reaction score
JJ: "er, um, Scott, I need to protect the process, and by process, I mean the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys. I will give you a $5m bonus to say this is on you."
SL: "But then I am the newest scapegoat?"
JJ: "ummmm, er, do you want the um money or not, I could fire you now" (downs half glass of JWB and slams the empty on his desk)
SL: **sigh**

Twitter: Scott Linehan: It starts with me

Add EzE saying the running game has to get going.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
We have a te led offense w no tes worth 50 cents. All this coaching staff has to do is run more 2 back formations more 4 wr sets and add some olineman And we'd have a much better offense if the te role this year was minimized.

We've tried rotating all of the receivers around the everydown te and it doesn't work and the te core is on pace for 1-2 TDS max all year.

Fire our te core and the OC whose featuring these practice squad level tes

TheHerd

Reaction score
Linehan will be forced to take the bullet for Red. I think his play calling is bad, he still had to call Jason's plays. I blame Garrett for the overall scheme, but even within that scheme Linehan is bad.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Which is why I don't understand why they don't shoot for the moon with Rico and they keep trotting out these jags that don't know their assignments.

If all we've got are guys who don't know their assignments, I'll take the real big athletic guy.

But I hear we're putting Swaim on the field with a walker. Shows how idiotic we are. 3 developmental TEs. At least one too many. Should not have drafted Schulz.