Scott Turner - Another possibility from Ed Werder

khiladi

Reaction score
Throwing out names that are connected to Garrett lol

The thing is Garrett had only one year under Norv. This idea he was a Norv disciple of a joke. He was here the majority of his career during the disaster that Dallas became after Jimmy left. He spent more time in an out-dated Zampese version of the Coryell than with Norv and even when he was here then, it was as the third string QB behind Kosar and then Rodney Peete, meaning basically throwing to the practice squad.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Actually, I coulda swore that Norv Junior's name was the first one someone threw out, and then it kinda faded into oblivion.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Listen, we were ranked near the bottom in every possible stat in the league. We need a PROVEN commodity, no time for on-the-job training.

BTW..... the more I think about the more it appears they have no intention of extending Garrett. Think about it, wouldn't that announcement at the same time of Linehan's firing make recruiting a QUALITY replacement a lot easier. If I already have a job and 2-3 year contract, no way in hell I'm asking out to work for an owner/organization that doesn't his coach more than a year.

conner01

Reaction score
Listen, we were ranked near the bottom in every possible stat in the league. We need a PROVEN commodity, no time for on-the-job training.

BTW..... the more I think about the more it appears they have no intention of extending Garrett. Think about it, wouldn't that announcement at the same time of Linehan's firing make recruiting a QUALITY replacement a lot easier. If I already have a job and 2-3 year contract, no way in hell I'm asking out to work for an owner/organization that doesn't his coach more than a year.
Jerry could always tell the guy he’s hiring he is extending Garrett. But that is an interesting take. Just to spice it up Payton’s contract with saints is almost over

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A sad truth we may all have to accept is that Jason Garrett does not favor the “new” NFL offenses that have cropped up the last few years. Garrett has a strong belief in the traditional NFL offensive philosophy similar to what we had here in the 90s.

That’s not all bad. But it’s more difficult to win that way nowadays because it requires your team to be able physically dominate opponents and force your will on them consistently.

In today’s salary cap/parity dominant era, having a team like the 92 Cowboys is almost impossible to assemble. That’s why more creative offenses are becoming the norm because you can’t just line up and dominate opponents on a regular basis anymore.

Until Garrett gets that I don’t expect an innovative OC here.